US based councillor faces removal from St. Catherine parish council

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US based councillor faces removal from St. Catherine parish council

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=news_byline>US based councillor faces removal from St. Catherine parish council</TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 9px"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=news_summary>The St. Catherine Parish Council will have to decide at its next meeting if the Westchester Division should be declared vacant. <SPAN class=news_body>

It now appears that JLP Councilor Natalie Campbell-Rodriques has missed six consecutive monthly meetings of the council, running the risk of having her seat declared vacant.

Under the Parish Council Act, if a councillor is absent from six consecutive monthly meetings the seat can be declared vacant.

Mrs. Rodriques, who now resides in the United States of America, last attended a council meeting in May.

She missed the meeting earlier this month, making it her sixth absence.

In May, Mrs. Rodriques wrote to the Chairman of the Council, Dr. Andrew Wheatley stating that she was willing to forego her salary for the rest of her tenure.

When contacted Tuesday Mayor of Portmore George Lee said with the division being managed by the Municipal Council for over a year, he is of the opinion that parish council laws should be amended.

</SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

RE: US based councillor faces removal from St. Catherine parish council

She was on RJR this morning pleading not to be removed as she says she is still 'lobbying' on behalf of the people of her constituency and to remove her would create a void.

Now obviously this woman is either stark raving amd or she thinks every one else are idiots.

I could not believe what I was hearing I thought it was a joke- she has been away for six months, living in the US (legally I hope) but still wants to hold unto her seat here and thinks she is the best person to represnet the constituency??????
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

<DIV>A suh dem tek people fi granted and fi eediat.</DIV><DIV>Kick her to the curb!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

This has to be a joke. There is no way she can be serious. I think that missing 6 meetings is way too much. It should be less.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

if it so important fi her then she need to take a 2 day off and fly down to attend the meetings. She can use the PC salary fi do it.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
          X