SOLD ...but, A noble masterplan for Air Jamaica - Part III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    Show me the facts. Where are your source?

In the meantime they are waiting we lose a winter season right?

You are simple talking from what you think. Show me the airlines that have so much interest and have connection from places like the midwest.
    Assasin I tire of this. If you choose to believe anything that exits Bartlett's mouth... go ahead.

That's your inalienable right.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

the fact is not only Bartlett said this. Every analyst in the caribbean knew AA was cutting flights everywhere in the caribbean.

You have nothing to back whatever you are saying. What you are saying is just gut feelings and nothing else, that other airlines would pick up the routes and you can't tell me one suitable airline who would pick up the slack to LA, Texas, the Midwest and those place so I have to take your words with a grain of salt.

You have a right to be tired as there is no backing for what you are saying.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Assasin;174302]the fact is not only Bartlett said this. Every analyst in the caribbean knew AA was cutting flights everywhere in the caribbean.
        Your thinking is linear and thus limited. It doesn't matter what American is doing in other gateways.. only Jamaica matters to Jamaica.
        Bartlett caved in when there were other options. No doubt if it was the other party doing that you would be critical of it.

You have nothing to back whatever you are saying. What you are saying is just gut feelings and nothing else, that other airlines would pick up the routes and you can't tell me one suitable airline who would pick up the slack to LA, Texas, the Midwest and those place so I have to take your words with a grain of salt.
        A thinking observer of the airline industry you are not.. that is clear... you merely parrot whatever Bartlett's position is. Everything the guy does you lap it up... it's quite silly.

What I have to back up what I say is the fact that Sangster is a very attractive gateway and airlines are demanding its services... it is a fact that outside San Juan it has the highest throughput and capacity in the region.
        It is also a fact that Jamaica has a national airline which is hurt by subsidizing foreigners.

You clearly did not know this but these are facts.

Also as you have posted ... airlines are planning increased services in other regional gateways.
        This fact destroys your linear arguments about lack of will to address capacity issues.

Take off the political blinders and try to think for yourself. I can recommend some trade journals for you to do some basic research... you need it... if you wish to be credible.

Dun talk.
        Last edited by Don1; July 9, 2009, 11:19 PM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

I take this with a grain of salt from a man who ask for credible source and have none.

WHERE IS YOUR SOURCE.

I am not taking what Barlett is saying, thinking and knowing that there is a current recession and MOST airlines are cutting routes and in the caribbean many country tourism is devasted because of this. There is no debating about that.

If Amercian Airline cut flights to Jamaica it would have been devasting to the economy as the same time bauxite is none existence.

Again prove to me by putting any source where major airlines are increasing flights.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I take this with a grain of salt from a man who ask for credible source and have none.

WHERE IS YOUR SOURCE.

I am not taking what Barlett is saying, thinking and knowing that there is a current recession and MOST airlines are cutting routes and in the caribbean many country tourism is devasted because of this. There is no debating about that.

If Amercian Airline cut flights to Jamaica it would have been devasting to the economy as the same time bauxite is none existence.

Again prove to me by putting any source where major airlines are increasing flights.
            My source for what young man? I outlined my reasoning ... you have a different opinion... it's ok if you want to parrot Bartlett.... just as it's ok if I use my overstanding of the situation to have a different opinion.

You outlined your position which is 100% based on Bartlett's.... ok for you.
            Do you have a source for your position other than the politician?

What's your source for this prognostication about devastation (in the Jamaican market) if American reduced flights?

What's your source for contending that other airlines would not fill the void in such a hypothetical situation in Jamaica?

Cut the crap demand about sources and proof I have to provide about an entirely hypothetical situation... unless you are willing to provide credible projections establishing that yourself (from professional airline analysts... not journalists or ticians).

Mi nuh ave nuttin fi prove ar haffi write nuh thesis fi defen mi analysis... more dan ah next guy.

Step up.

Comment

Aha!!! A Source!!!

WHERE IS YOUR SOURCE.

From Jamaica's primary airline professional at the moment:

Quote: The question remains if Nobles is able to turn Air Jamaica around, why sell it?

"Sure you can shut it down and it would not be a fatal blow to the tourism industry. There are adequate examples to support this. About a year and half ago two large carriers pulled out of Hawaii taking a tremendous amount of lift out of Hawaii with a significant short-term impact on tourism and its economy. But since that time carriers have added service, built up capacity and frankly it is now business as usual. Can this also happen in Jamaica? I suspect so."

Last year Air Jamaica had 45 per cent of the seats from the United States to Jamaica and 40 per cent of the passengers. So if Air Jamaica were to shut down, passengers would have to figure a away to get to the island. Carriers like American Airlines, Delta and JetBlue would no doubt add enough capacity and take up the slack.

End Quote.

Get from under the spell of politicians... you'll be more rounded in your observations and thinking.

There is hope for you... you don't seem as far gone as the Admiral or the LazyBrained.

Step up.

Comment

Yes American Airline who is cutting a go tek up the slack.

You funny nuh rahtid.

How much capaity can Jet Blue carry? Delta also cutting flights left right and center. Delta don't even want to service the Atlanta route to Ja.

Again only Delta serve the midwest and LA etc. and last time I check they were cutting flights as well.

Comment

So you admit you are just talking because of your gut feelings.

AA has pulled out of other destinations such sa Puerto Rico and nobody else jump in so that is a judgement call so don't try act like you are talking facts because you are not.

Comment

[
                    Assasin;174406]Yes American Airline who is cutting a go tek up the slack.

You funny nuh rahtid.
                    AAhhh bwoy... your linear, one dimensional thinking is a plague on you. The point of this discussion is the contention that airlines are often ready, willing and able (at relatively short notice) to pick up where their competitors falter.... that obviously includes American.

That has been established... so your contention to the contrary is null.

How much capaity can Jet Blue carry? Delta also cutting flights left right and center. Delta don't even want to service the Atlanta route to Ja.
                    Jet Blue has over 4000 flights/week and is looking to challenge American's dominance in the Caribbean. They are adding new gateways to their route map as well.... that's common knowledge to even casual industry observers.

You clearly are at sea here.... step up.

Again only Delta serve the midwest and LA etc. and last time I check they were cutting flights as well.
                    I don't know when last you so called "checked" ... but you are wrong.

Yuh love kall fah proof and sources... while providing none... merely uninformed speculation based on your faith in politicians.

I am convinced that you don't respond to reason nor to objective facts when presented.

No doubt you will find some device to spin this information to fit your preconceived misconceptions.... hating I guess to concede defeat.

Do so spin.... but mi really done dis time.
                    Last edited by Don1; July 10, 2009, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X