• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beechwood Ave Streetwalker vs World's Most Famous Whorehouse

Issa deposition continues
    Interprets e-mails as saying he runs 'world's most famous whorehouse'

Sunday, June 28, 2009

SUPERCLUBS chairman, John Issa, asked to give his interpretation of e-mails over which he is suing in a Florida court, said he believed he was accused of running "not just a whorehouse, but the world's most famous whorehouse".

"The last sentence in that paragraph again says that I run, not just a whorehouse, but the world's most famous whorehouse. Do I need to say that it's libellous or is it obvious to everyone? That's, that's - that's libel, and it's a damn lie," Issa declared during examination by Attorney Harley Tropin of Kozyak Tropin and Throckmorton, representing the defendants in the proceedings in the Circuit Court of the 11th Judicial Circuit in and for Miami-Dade County, Florida.
    Mass nude wedding at Hedonism III on Valentine's Day 2001
    Issa was giving his deposition in the libel suit in which he asserts that his reputation was damaged in defamatory e-mails traced to computers originating in Florida. The deposition was taken on January 21, 2009, but the transcript of the proceedings was only recently obtained by the Sunday Observer.

During his examination of Issa, Tropin asked the hotelier: "Did the hotel ever compensate, to your knowledge, strippers, as opposed to prostitutes, for coming? Issa's response was "Not to my knowledge".
    Tropin continued: "Have you ever heard that they do that?" To which Issa replied: "Well, they - they bring in entertainment troops. I don't know what - you know, some of them are scantily dressed and do dances and things. But the way you describe strippers, you know, I would put them in a separate category. But that wouldn't surprise me, if there was a striptease in the show."

Issa agreed with Tropin, that a stripper is a woman who takes off "substantially all her clothes".
    Tropin: "Now, using that definition, do your hotels compensate strippers to come entertain the crowd.and take off their clothes?"
    John Issa (second left) and family at the nude wedding
    Issa: "Have strippers in their shows? You said 'compensate strippers'. It sounds as if you're paying them.you know, compensate.There maybe strippers in the show, but I'm not sure. I haven't seen one when I've been there, but, I mean, it's possible."

Later in the deposition, Tropin questioned Issa about public nudity at his hotels, asking him: "When you go to these hotels, have you seen public nudity?"
    Issa: "Yes, I've been to the nude beach side at the Hedonism in the past year, yes."
    Issa: "Were you dressed?"
    Tropin: "Yes."
    Tropin: "Did you see public sex?"
    Issa: "No."
    Tropin: "You're aware, however, that happens?"
    Issa: "I have heard it has happened, and the managers and the staff had to stop it."

Explaining what he interpreted one section of one of the vexed e-mails to mean, Issa said, "This now says that I am a whore because I am for sale, a whore in the broadest sense. Money takes precedence over anything else. That means you would sell your soul for money. 'Anything else' includes your soul, includes your integrity, includes your statements. This clearly says: 'Money takes precedence over any integrity that you claim to have'."
    Tropin: "That's what it says."
    Issa: "Yeah."
    Tropin:" I agree. That's critical?"
    Issa: "That's a lie. It's a damn lie, and it's libellous."
    Tropin: "It's critical, but isn't it a matter of opinion?"
    Issa: "No. It's a matter of fact."
    Tropin: "It's a matter of fact that you have integrity?"
    Issa: "Yes."
    Tropin: "People can't differ about that?"
    Issa: "They may believe something that is false but then they are wrong.."
    Referring to the last sentence in one of the paragraphs in one of the vexed e-mails, the hotelier said: "...The last sentence in that paragraph again says that I run, not just a whorehouse, but the world's most famous whorehouse. Do I need to say that it's libellous or is it obvious to everyone?
    That's, that's, that's libel, and it's a damn lie."

Tropin also questioned Issa on a section of the e-mail which mentioned Issa's use of Jamaica Defence Force (JDF) helicopters and asked him what that referred to?
    Issa: "I've used the Jamaica Defence Force helicopters from time to time."
    Tropin: "Really? How do you get to do that?"
    Issa: "Well, they do lease them from time to time, charter them from time to time. The JDF, the Defence Force needed to have a number of meetings which had a ... very costly, and they wanted to get the money to pay for those meetings. And I said I'd pay that, but I don't want to be paid back, let me use it in time. So they said it's so much an hour for the helicopters. So we did a barter, effectively a barter. I paid a hotel in Kingston for the cost of their meetings, which they didn't have at the time, and they provided services in return."
    Tropin: "Meaning you got to use the helicopters?"
    Issa: "That's what I said."
    Issa added that the disputed e-mail also suggested he was permitted to use the JDF helicopters in exchange for allowing a high government official to use his private jet.
    "That's not true," he declared. "I've allowed my private jet to be used where it's helpful to people of position from time to time."
    To be continued

Another typical, self serving piece of so-called "journalism" from the Sandals Newsletter.

Tut tut.... more misuse of power.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Butch Stewart...ahh bwoy! Shameless!

This trial is a waste of taxpayers' money!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
    X