Your Fav Michael Jackson Recordings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Fav Michael Jackson Recordings?

What are Your Favorite Recordings (songs) by Michael Jackson?

My Top 5 favorites recordings (songs), listed here in order of preference with the overall favorite at the top, are:

1. “Man In the Mirror”
    2. “Rock With You”
    3. “Black or White”
    4. “The Way You Make Me Feel”
    5. “Ben”

In no order:

Rock With You
    Billie Jean
    Beat It
    Thriller
    Bad
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

top 10 i no order

all i do is think of you
      i can't help it
      rock with you
      human nature
      beat it
      you rock my world
      i just can't stop loving you
      liberian girl
      human nature
      got to be there

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

"Ben" was the first MJ song that I really loved!

Other than that I would go with "Rock With You" , "She's Out of My Life" and just about the whole Thriller album!
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Also, my favourite Christmas album growing up was the Jackson 5 album! I bought it again on CD a few years ago.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

yup the christmas album..."christmas won't be the same" and "up on the rooftop"!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

altho i was shocked to hear seh is a rat him wenna sing tuh!

Comment

Since signing on to the forum this morning, I was sort of waiting to see if anyone would open a new thread to pay tribute to Michael Jackson. I left work yesterday before the news broke, so I was not online. This morning I read the posts, however, I think the greatness of the man's life deserves more than just the simple one-liners of regret at his passing. Personally, I am very moved by his passing, because his music takes me back to some very happy and exciting times of my life. I compare his death with our own Bob Marley's. The difference however, is that Bob became bigger as an icon after his death. It was after his death, and as I got older, that I came to really appreciate Bob's contributions to the world. Plus Bob's songs were not played regularly on the radio stations in Jamaica for them to become popular. Michael Jackson, however, evolved into the megastar during my teenaged years when music and pop culture had more of an influence.

I remember in the early 80's Jamaica was just changing over to coloured tv's, and we were obsessed with everything American. VCR's were just emerging along with satelite dishes. Only the privileged few could afford these luxuries. I remember hanging with several uptown youths whose parents could afford these things and sent their kids to "fareen" (which meant America) during the summers. They would come back with stories of the big, grand America and its culture. I remember we would all crowd in the living room of one such kid and spend hours watching music videos on MTV. When the Thriller video came out, it created such a huge stir. If my memory serves me correctly, I think it was shown at the Carib cinema. At Calabar, we used to show "flim shows" in the chapel as part of our fundraising activities. Thriller was a huge hit (ET was another one). It brought in the girls, especially from Queens.

Historian, I cannot answer your question about which is my favourite Michael Jackson song, just as to this date I still can't name my favourite Bob Marley song. There are just too many exceptional songs to choose from, and when I think that I have nailed down one, I hear another which I think is better than the first. Here are just a few of my favourites:

Man in the Mirror
                Human Nature
                Heal the World
                Billie Jean
                Thriller
                Butterfly
                Beat It

You know what, mek me stop.
                Last edited by Jangle; June 26, 2009, 11:16 AM.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I liked thier version of "give love on christmas day" too. But "Up on the Rooftop" was the tune!

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                    altho i was shocked to hear seh is a rat him wenna sing tuh!
                    Yeah, that was an honorable RAT (BEN).

Perhaps, if him did stick to Ben, him wouldn't did have no legal worries

Of course, who can forget those Xmas albums. Got to go stock up on some of his music.
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

I was devastated! My yankee cousin was the one who did tell me.

Kinda like the OJs tune "Brandy" , me hear say it was a dog?

Comment

All the above! And the below! And add "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough".

Heard "Happy" from the "Lady Sings the Blues" soundtrack last night and realised what a lovely song it was! Check it out when y'all get a chance!

I thought his "Man in the Mirror" performance a few Grammy's ago was a masterpiece!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

1. Remember the Time (can't believe no one had this)
                          2. Rock With You
                          3. Billie Jean
                          4. Butterfly
                          5. Off the Wall.
                          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Here are some of the things that made Michael jackson such a megastar:

1. He could sing. He had this pure sounding and distinguishable singing voice. Check it out on "Butterfly". Listen to the control and the treble in his voice.

2. His wirting ability. He was a master lyricist. He tapped into the deepest parts of the human soul to write. Here is a perfect example:

Theres a place in
                            Your heart
                            And I know that it is love
                            And this place could
                            Be much
                            Brighter than tomorrow
                            And if you really try
                            You'll find there's no need
                            To cry
                            In this place you'll feel
                            There's no hurt or sorrow

3. He was an excellent composer. It's one thing to write and sing well, but to actually create the right sound that goes behind those other two components. This morning I heard on the Ed Lover show, Ed talking about Michael wanting to be immortal. Michael said that he will be immortal through his music. Styles and cultures change, but good music goes on throughout the generations. When I heard that, I thought of our reggae artistes and just how many of them are we going to remember in 10 years time. That is what Bob Marley have over the entire lot.

4. The man could DANCE. Having been inspired by the greats, James Brown and Fred Astaire, he created his own style which was unique to him and his songs.

5. He had that X factor which caused people to stop, watch and be amazed.

We are just blessed to be alive to witness greatness during our lifetime.
                            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

The man mek so much tune, that it kinda hard to remember some of them off the top of yuh head.

Kiss FM will be playing his songs all day today, and the next day, and the next.

The man was a MASTERPIECE! Michael said something like he had to get his body in tune wid every musical instrument
                              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                              X