It look like Vybz KArtel might affi guh pay Neyo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It look like Vybz KArtel might affi guh pay Neyo

some serious money. Neyo's people asked him to pull Rampin Shop, well since last Saturday it a get HEAVY rotation pon Hot97 .. morning and evening.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    some serious money. Neyo's people asked him to pull Rampin Shop, well since last Saturday it a get HEAVY rotation pon Hot97 .. morning and evening.
    Nah. There has to have been some kinda arrangement made and even if that was not the case they could only recoup monies generated by the single which isn't anything significant at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
      Nah. There has to have been some kinda arrangement made and even if that was not the case they could only recoup monies generated by the single which isn't anything significant at this time.
      Hope suh! Because it a get some serious air time.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

One thing I had never heard before about copyright law until this came up was that even if they remix Rampin Shop with a different riddim and then it blows up big internationally with the new riddim, the composers of the original music still can make a claim to the song. Sound kinda strange?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
        "When you have a remix of a song, you still have to take into account the music from where the song came from... The original composition would have to be taken into consideration," Brown posited.

"If it does get to where it becomes international and when the cheques are being drawn and to be realised that it was derived from their rhythm, they can own a part of it - the writers' credit. Because when you talk about the writers of a song, 50 per cent is lyrics and 50 per cent music." But for now, Brown said that Ramping Shop is inconsequential to mega music charts.

"The song is not international yet for the Ne-Yo camp to even be concerned about it. Maybe if it were more successful. Right now Ramping Shop is in the ethnic market creating a buzz. I don't think it has reached that point for them to be concerned about it yet. It's not an issue right now."
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

That a stale news. His people asked that from months ago. I've heard it getting heavy rotation since last week yes, but it's so heavily censored that it doesn't make any sense. I was very shocked to learn that my daughter has it and a Busy Signal song on her IPod knowing that she mainly listens to Hip Hop. I was even more shocked when she nonchalantly told her mother and I that her American friends also have many of these songs in their IPods as well. They don't have direct contact to what's current in Jamaica eg. like how I listen to FAMEFM every day.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Well ..well ...

"The song is not international yet for the Ne-Yo camp to even be concerned about it. Maybe if it were more successful. Right now Ramping Shop is in the ethnic market creating a buzz. I don't think it has reached that point for them to be concerned about it yet. It's not an issue right now."

Thanks fi the quote I-MAn. The version being played is the original one on the Ms. Independent music.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
              That a stale news. His people asked that from months ago. I've heard it getting heavy rotation since last week yes, but it's so heavily censored that it doesn't make any sense. I was very shocked to learn that my daughter has it and a Busy Signal song on her IPod knowing that she mainly listens to Hip Hop. I was even more shocked when she nonchalantly told her mother and I that her American friends also have many of these songs in their IPods as well. They don't have direct contact to what's current in Jamaica eg. like how I listen to FAMEFM every day.
              "it's so heavily censored that it doesn't make any sense"

Well, maybe its because I know it from b4 ... but it makes sense to me. Leaving out a word or 2 doesn't really hide what is being said.

Comment

Dah ole song deh?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Neyo camp already noticed and told them to cease and desist. That is when Not Nice built a new riddim track (which didn't do the original justice), so there has to have been an agreement reached between the two parties to have it playing on US radio.

Comment

this is all news to me...what was the issue?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                      this is all news to me...what was the issue?
                      Ramping Shop is built on the same riddim as Neyo's Miss Independent but they didn't get it cleared so when Ramping Shop blew up a cease and desist was issued to Kartel.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                        yup

Comment

Aaah Bwoy!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYIAN...eature=related
                          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Lazie, I just heard Colin Hinds and Dhanae (sp) on FAMEFM talking about this same story. What made you bring up the subject today?

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                              Lazie, I just heard Colin Hinds and Dhanae (sp) on FAMEFM talking about this same story. What made you bring up the subject today?
                              I'm not listening to FAME. What did they say? I brought it up because I've heard everyday on the radio this week and I'm not talking about a JA station, I'm talking Hot97.

Comment

Working...
                              X