Cartoon - Bunting about to be spanked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cartoon - Bunting about to be spanked

Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Never mind the spanking..is she appropriately dressed? and which Bunting is that supposed to be? him tun suh white cause him fraid ah de beatin? as a mattah of fack Portia harself lookin pale... she need to get out more offen.
    Peter R

Comment

My problem with Clovis cartoons is they are daft, without a hint of wit, classy humour or satire. This is just another example. Clovis is the sort of cartoonist who probably didn't do too well in his GSAT and didn't even excel at art because his interpretations were always so basic. But he has found a home with the Newsletter, so more power to him!

Anyone who knows or has seen Portia a lot will know that she is a very sharp dresser. So this tights thing is so unbecoming of her. I know the cartoonist is trying to depict her as a sketel, but I'm not sure it's working.

Yeah, not sure about a white Bunting.

However, Portia has lost quite a bit of colour over the years. You'd swear she a bleach!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        However, Portia has lost quite a bit of colour over the years. You'd swear she a bleach!
        BLEACH nuh the in ting! Saw a photo of Bev Manley & some of her pigmentation was missing. Oh well maybe the photographer had too much lights
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

mosiah...did seaga really wear a bling bell? slapstick comedy can be funny too you know...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Like I said, I can see what the cartoonist is trying to portray, but for me, it can't stick. Apart from the few occasions when she gets into it on the campaign trail, no worse than the next politician, Portia carries herself with a lot of panache!

Eddie now...heh heh!

The best one is Las May's depiction of our police with the smoking gun! Brilliant!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
            X