RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

zeppo have you ever heard of steel pulse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zeppo have you ever heard of steel pulse?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAE67VKcsP8

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Watch this:

Steel Pluse, Aswad, D Brown, Sly And Robbie Ini Kamoze on stage.

Wonder what year this was?
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

no link.....i last saw aswad in west palm beach 'bout 92/93 steel pulse on miami beach in 95 or so .... never seen ini and never seen sly and robbie as headliners...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

The little fellow zeppo would see Pulse as more Caribbean chumps.

Di likkle bredda (and his brown nosed sympathisers on the forum) cyaan ovastan dem kinda reasonin whe Pulse ah deal wid.
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Oops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TahgtY5RnI
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I would guess bout 1987, and David Hinds' locks were elevated until the early 90s or so.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Let's Chat Serious!

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
              Let’s chat some serious musical sh!t now.

Aside from the fact that the headliners here on “Get Up, Stand Up” are all big name artists (authentic giants of reggae, in other words), what makes this particular performance special? What is there about this performance that would make one get up and say, “Wow!”? I would venture to say, “Nothing whatsoever”!

The only reason why I’d watch this video a second time is Dean Fraser’s jazz-influenced solo. His rapid-fire notes, some played in the upper register, certainly added to this performance, although Sly’s heavy handed echo-influenced “rolls” during the solo almost served as an unwelcome distraction a couple times.

While I certainly respect Steel Pulse, Dennis Brown, Ini Kamoze, Aswad, and Sly & Robbie, simply put, there’s nothing special whatsoever about this particular performance!

Comment

now I am not even close to being a musical expert like some of you, Gamma, Historian, Islandman etc. but this was one of my favourite reggae chune for it's instrumental backing and arrangement. Boom chune dat!!! Selecta Gamma fling doen annedda one!!!!
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

You may be surprised to find that I agree with you from a musical perspective.

I just found it to be unique in the sense that I had never heard of Steel Pulse and Aswad performing together (not surprising as they are bands) . I have always wondered what kind of relationship they had with each other.

My guess is that it was the last act of the concert and they were all getting on-stage to do the song. There is always a certain vibe about that. I know D Brown used to like to do that at Sunsplash, with people like Gregory, Maxi, Freddie, etc. Ususally it was more a vibes thing than anything technically excellent in terms of music.

Comment

inna yuh struckcha..check out the opening baseline!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hdlPzBlil4

Comment

What is your favourite Pulse song?

Hard choice but if pressed I would go with Bodyguard followed by the less well known Wild Goose Chase from the Earth Crisis album. Has a wikid bass line too.

Comment

that tough but "worth hi weight in gold" (rally round the flag) and babylon the bandit...honourable mention not king james version and love walks out

Comment

Me forget King James version! Move it ahead of Wild Goose Chase to #2 for me!

Comment

Ok move over drum pan sound and mek Jangle Hi-Power come eena dis ya dance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyEP_st9csI
                            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

thanks for the appetizer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nS-iMqfQvQ

si food yah!

Comment

Working...
                              X