PNP General Secretary vents on Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNP General Secretary vents on Facebook

More eyebrows are being raised on Thursday morning over comments People's National Party (PNP) General Secretary Peter Bunting has been making on the social networking website, Facebook.

Mr. Bunting caused a stir Wednesday when he posted on his Facebook profile the Albert Einstein quotation: "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results."

The statement was widely regarded as a swipe at his Party's decision to contest the recent by-elections and has evoked several comments on the website.

Some of the commentators were rather critical of the PNP and called for a change in its leadership.

Others criticised the General Secretary for making such a public statement.

But overnight Mr. Bunting has increased the stir over his Facebook comments.

He removed the initial statement and replaced it with an even more provocative one.

It reads: "A genuine leader is not a searcher of consensus but a molder of consensus".

It is widely thought that the new statement is a swipe at PNP President Portia Simpson-Miller.

There has been infighting in the Opposition over how to approach the by-elections brought about by the dual citizenship court challenges.

Tuesday's crushing defeat in North East St. Catherine was the fourth consecutive electoral loss for the PNP in under two years.

And there is still no official statement from the PNP nearly 48 hours after its loss in the North East St. Catherine by-election.

There were reports that the party's top brass was to meet to evaluate the defeat and determine the way forward.

However, when our news centre checked back with Party Chairman Robert Pickersgill last night he said no decision had been made on when the meeting will take place.

The Jamaica Labour Party's (JLP) Gregory Mair defeated the PNP's candidate Granville Valentine by more than 2,000 votes in Tuesday's by-election.

The JLP has suggested that the Opposition meet with it for talks to settle the row over sitting Members of Parliament who hold dual citizenship.

http://www.radiojamaica.com/content/view/18991/26/
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Facebook LOL

How the hell them going to know who or what him talking about. These people really not easy

Facebook LOL

Comment

if is me did suh the same thing i guarantee there would be no hue and cry...after all who is me?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Karl Samuda, the person, not the avenue, said the same words, attributed to Einstein, last night in making an analogy. Poor Angela Brown-Burke was offended, saying she would never call a member of the JLP a fool.

Well, mi a call har a fool right now because an analogy is an analogy. Learn to understand them!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I guess you seem my sentiment now about the PNP embarrassing themselves.

The had the advantage and they gave it away. The need to either legislate, comprimise, or go to the public about this. No other way or they will come out looking real bad.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

What I just mentioned in that post is completely different from you are talking about. So, NO, I don't see your sentiment.

I still maintain, if even this is an embarrassment, it pales in comparison to the 18 years of utter and complete embarrassment.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

how you keep on talking about 18 years?
              I said a longtime ago and consistently that Seaga should have resigned.

The fact is the PNP can do much better, move on to the people's business.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Okay, fine. And Portia will duplicate Seaga's folly if she sticks around much longer.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I don't know Portia will have a choice in a 2 years from now if she continue same way.

She lack the political smarts to lead a party.

Comment

Working...
                  X