Why the PNP continue to embarrass themselves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the PNP continue to embarrass themselves

after the West Portland lost they should have made a deal with the JLP that all dual citizen resign and denonce or be replaced. This second election will just embarrass them.

Hope there will be no more and the PNP just accept the fact that they will be in opposition until the next election is called. Too much now.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

results in?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      results in?
      Mair won with 63%.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

So we should continue violating the constitution?!? Don't think so.

And as for embarrassment, how short our memories!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I am surprised the JLP has not gone after PNP members who are dual citizens. There are several who have dual citizenship with Her Majesty the Queen.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            So we should continue violating the constitution?!? Don't think so.

And as for embarrassment, how short our memories!
            @ 25 million per election? Damn unuh daff ... yet unuh a try hide behind constitution ... unuh exposed long time.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

commonwealth provision...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Mo at this point it is no longer about violating the constitution. A point was made and there that is why they are in parliament to solve problems.

It make no sense to actually take all these cases to court and waste everybody's time. The fact is both them and the JLP need to find a solution and deal with it.

What they are doing and dragging the country through make no sense at this point.

I really don't care about the JLP and the stupidness they have been through. I have been on record saying Seaga should have resigned a long time ago. After losing two election he should have walked and act as a mentor.

The PNP in more than one way simple need to rebuild and come again as a strong entity.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So why didnt the PNP offer up their OWN dual citizens first?

This is all politics, plain and simple (absolutely no altruistic motives whatsoever), and on the taxpayers dime to boot.

Comment

Nah, Hayles and another lady (in St Catherine) have US passports.

In any case, it is all legalese. People with US green cards are technically eligible, though that violates the spirit of the law. As a Jam citizens only, one would have to have the preceeding year's residency requirement to be eligible, but a Canadian, Vanuatan, Mozambican or a Jakan US green card holder resident in Jamaica for at least 1 year prior gets the all clear. makes little sense to me.

Comment

It is clearly a law that was written for a certain time in our history when the Commonwealth had some some significance. The world has changed and it is no longer a relevant law. I agree its all silly and expensive politics.

I wish PNP would use the time in oppositon to work on rebuilding the party and what it is supposed to stand for. Every party needs to do this from time to time and they had an 18 year run. Just ease off for a while and regroup nuh?
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

True, true...but politicians are true to form.

On another note, I think we should pull out of the CommonWaealth as its meaningless now. Given that the UK requires us to get intransit visas, it means they regard us as potential terrorists. I find this highly insulting and consider it an act of aggression.

I would also pull out of the 2012 Olys and deny them using Bolt as a flagship, so the Games can flop.

I realize that not one of you will agree with me on these, but if you dont kcik up some rumpuss, people will forever tek step wid yuh!

Comment

No, Not the Athletes!

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                          True, true...but politicians are true to form.

On another note, I think we should pull out of the CommonWaealth as its meaningless now. Given that the UK requires us to get intransit visas, it means they regard us as potential terrorists. I find this highly insulting and consider it an act of aggression.

I would also pull out of the 2012 Olys and deny them using Bolt as a flagship, so the Games can flop.

I realize that not one of you will agree with me on these, but if you dont kcik up some rumpuss, people will forever tek step wid yuh!
                          Willi, I certainly agree with you on the matter of pulling out of the Commonwealth! Really, what’s the point of us remaining a member of this obsolete body?

However, I cannot support the pulling of our athletes from the 2012 Olympic Games for political reasons! These Games come around only every four years, and four years is a very long time (as people like Lo Lo Jones, Muna Lee and others will realize)!! Would you deny, for example, Asafa Powell what will probably be his final serious opportunity to make an Olympic Games impact?

We probably need to make a powerful statement against the Commonwealth, but not at the expense of our hardworking athletes who make immense personal sacrifices to keep us proud!

Comment

They all need to come clean! And yes, if one party is going to bitch about it so much, then they should declare their hand immediately!

It's a real pity that the country is wasting so much money on these by-elections. The guilty parties should pay for this nonsense!

But this idea that just because it costs money we should not have the election, nutten nuh go suh! Democracy and justice aren't necessarily free. My problem is who should be held liable and thus pay for this fiasco.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I understand where you are coming from...however, there is the hypocrisy of them rolling out the red carpet for Bolt now and later when retired I can see them denying him a visa. Just like how the GG haffi get visa fi meet him boss!

I dont think we would have to really boycott, just float it as a threat!

We have leverage, so must must start to use the levers we have at our disposal.

As one man told me yesterday, countries dont have friends, they have interests. Jamaica deh pon wi own!

Comment

Working...
                              X