X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popular US-based evangelist arrested for carnal abuse

Horace Hines

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

SAVANNA-LA-MAR, Westmoreland - A popular United States-based evangelist was up to press time last night still in police custody, more than 24 hours after he was arrested for allegedly having sexual intercourse with a 15-year-old girl and fondling a 14-year-old in his room at a Negril hotel early Sunday morning.

Last night, an Observer source said charges should be laid against the high-profile minister by today.
    "He is expected to be charged between later tonight (last night) and tomorrow (today)," said the police source.

The evangelist, who is said to have visited the island for a one-week crusade - hosted by Fellowship Church of God in Little London from June 7-14 - was nabbed by the police as he stepped out of a motor vehicle outside a jam-packed tent Sunday night, much to the shock of the hundreds of congregants awaiting his appearance.

The police alleged that the evangelist - who has made similar trips to the island over the past few years - met the two minors during the one-week gospel crusade and invited them to accompany him on
    a trip to the parish of Clarendon
    on Saturday.

It is alleged that the evangelist, while being chauffeur-driven to the central parish, fondled the girls during the journey.

The police claimed that upon returning to Westmoreland late Saturday night, the evangelist invited the two teenage girls to his hotel room in Negril where he had sexual intercourse with the 15-year-old and fondled the 14-year-old.

It was not immediately clear when or who reported the matter to the police, but the evangelist was arrested hours after he allegedly committed the offences.

His arrest angered several residents of Little London, who yesterday remained adamant that he was innocent and was "set up".

"I have seen him perform miracles through God. A lot of people who did not believe in God through him they are now persuaded," declared one woman who gave her name only as Nardia.

"Up to three o clock last night (Sunday) we were at home praying for his release," she added.

Yesterday, Reverend S A Munroe of the Little London Fellowship Church of God who was busy seeking an attorney to assist in the release of the evangelist, was mum on the matter.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

there are so many popular United States-based evangelists ....which one?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Book By Gay Catholic Archbishop

Rembert Weakland, the former Catholic archbishop of Milwaukee, who admitted he is gay, has just released a book titled "A Pilgrim in a Pilgrim Church".

VIDEO: Today's TMJ4 - Local News - Video - Weakland Book On Shelves

(WTMJ TV Milwaukee, www.todaystmj4.com)
      Mick Trevey

WAUWATOSA - Former Archbishop Rembert Weakland's book is now on store shelves. The book has drawn controversy for the way Weakland writes about the priest sex abuse scandal and his own sexuality.

"A Pilgrim in a Pilgrim Church" chronicles Weakland's life. He talks frankly about being a liberal Catholic Church leader, about his sexual relationship with a graduate student, and the way he handled the church sex abuse scandal.

At The Little Read Book in Wauwatosa, the store's owner says the first shipment sold out. The store is now selling a second shipment. "In a lot of ways, he's an extremely well respected man in a lot of circles," said store owner Linda Burg. "I think most of the people who bought it have known him, worked with him."

Gwen Plunkett bought a copy of the book for her husband's aunt. However, Plunkett plans to ask for it back after the aunt is done reading it. "I'd definitely like to read it too," Plunkett said.

Barnes and Noble says they have a list of customers who pre-ordered the book and get priority. The story says it could still be days or weeks before there are enough copies to stock the regular shelves. Borders does not expect to have copies until July.

The Milwaukee Public Library says there are 52 people on the county's list waiting to check-out the book. "I think a lot of people are curious to see what he had to say in his own words," said library book buyer Tom Olson.

Weakland has declined numerous interview requests to discuss his book.
      window.google_render_ad();

Comment

Heal Me!

In the early 1980's, Steve Dahl, a popular disc jockey in Chicago, had a running feud with TV evangelist and faith healer Ernest Angley. Dahl and his band roast Angley with this song.

YouTube - "Heal Me" [v3] by Steve Dahl & Teenage Radiation - featuring Garry Meier & Buzz Kilman (parody of "Call Me" by Blondie with Deborah Harry)

Just-uh place=uh the afflicted part of your body againstuh the screenuh.

HEEEEEYULLLLL !

HEEEEEYULLLLLL!

HEEEEEEYULLLLLL!

In the name of the Lordud Jesus Christuh
        All Evil Spirits Come OUUUUTTTTTT-uh!

!

Comment

Dem man deh , Freaks in the name of the lord.

What ****************es me off is they are trying to hide behind civil rights , like africans had an option to assimilate before being lynched.

It ****************es me off that they want us to disregard the bible because they say so or because they want to interpet it for us.Enslave us under one racist theory and want to sexually enslave us under another , of course they will say its liberation.

One thing is certain to them we shouldnt have a voice just do as they instruct us to do because its not a religous issue its a civil rights issue .

To me its a mental slavery issue where my religon, history and civil rights are being demeaned by dem man deh.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
            Dem man deh , Freaks in the name of the lord.

What ****************es me off is they are trying to hide behind civil rights , like africans had an option to assimilate before being lynched.

It ****************es me off that they want us to disregard the bible because they say so or because they want to interpet it for us.Enslave us under one racist theory and want to sexually enslave us under another , of course they will say its liberation.

One thing is certain to them we shouldnt have a voice just do as they instruct us to do because its not a religous issue its a civil rights issue .

To me its a mental slavery issue where my religon, history and civil rights are being demeaned by dem man deh.
            WTF!!????
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Hard for you to understand isnt it ?

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Only rasta can understand dem levels deh !

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                  Only rasta can understand dem levels deh !
                  Yuh right ... cause yuh sound high!

Comment

http://www.paullewisministries.com/p...odules/public/

Comment

Why does he look like a vampire to me ?

Comment

yuh nuh? somebody gave him the wrong age limit!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

A bredrin of german descent from High School in yard have one uncle in Miami who will bless a palm cross and send it to the flock for $5. He used to live in a multi-million dollar mansion on Miami Beach until downgrading to a multi-million dollar mansion in Miami Shores after news crews started photographing the home from helicopters. I miss that house

Comment

Once again the silly news media refuses to name the person accused.
                            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

have no fear, bricktop is here...

Comment

Working...
                              X