No announcement yet.

Wha?!!!! The racist or jesters dem a get more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one with her underwear showing was WAAAY over the line. Wouldn't you agree? No national newspaper worthy of reading should have published that.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Just to refresh your memory.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/edito..._CARTOON_1.jpg
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
        The one with her underwear showing was WAAAY over the line. Wouldn't you agree? No national newspaper worthy of reading should have published that.
        I'm not aware of any where her underwear is showing. I'm aware of one that got many people upset .. agree with it or not .. it wasn't prejudice. The other was in reference to the bi-elections and the PNP put out a release mekking reference to slavery ... anyone that came to any conclusion bout slavery is a damn dunce.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

maybe shi coming from the beach?!!

errol have more fi bex 'bout still!

anyway, portia didn't do herself any favours. there are a couple of videos out there that stop just short of flinging her skirt over head.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

OMG!!!!! Now I see why Mosiah upset! Yuh cannot be serious Islandman!
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

So you would have no problem with a Republican cartoon of Michelle Obama in her draws hanging out in the hood?

Comment

So you would have no problem with a Republican cartoon of Michelle Obama in her draws hanging out in the hood?
                ... and to think you followed Mosiah with his foolishness. This thread is about the racist "mistakes" taking place thus far. The cartoon you posted was a result of Portia's own words and the way she portrayed herself. Nothing prejudiced or racist about it.

Better yuh try find another one.
                Last edited by Lazie; June 16, 2009, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Nothing is wrong with that cartoon. Just political humor!
                  Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Not surprised by your answer. So I guess its OK to portray the former PM as a skettel because in your view thats what she is.

Comment

Michelle Obama is not an elected official. If she was an elected official, then tings different. For example, if someone said Obama is a prostitute for the UAW Union because he is propping up GM & Chrysler, that would not be offensive.
                      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Not surprised by your answer. So I guess its OK to portray the former PM as a skettel because in your view thats what she is.
                        .... keeping it real. Didn't she portray herself in such a manner when she claimed her husband gave her credit cards or something to that effect when she going overseas?

Again ...Portia portrays herself in a manner for the cartoonist to take advantage of. Don't attempt to twit it and claim prejudice .

Comment

Nonsense. Michelle is a public figure and was actively involved in the political aspect of the campaign, even going as far as saying on stage that Hillary can't keep her man at home. She is a fair target if she says something out of line but that does not mean being offensive. I find that cartoon of Portia very offensive.

Anyway, let me leave this one alone.

Comment

this is interesting... lazie... i bring forth islandman's question again ...

i would like a serious reply... no side stepping or fox trotting roun ere...
                            'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

she carries herself with FAR more dignity that portia....that is fact!therefore any such cartoon would have nothing to do with her...portia is the leader of the opposition and a former prime minister BUT shi has publicly displayed some skettlish behaviour.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

shame a yuh hortical... mi neva expek dis from yuh... not an elected official... she is de first lady of the leader of the free world... she deserve a whole heap a respect... as much as har husband...
                                'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Working...
                                X