How comes the trains not rolling yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The truth about the trains on my ends.

I use to take a train to school most mornings. It was a comfortable ride but a two mile walk from railway station to Titchfield. We could live with that. I enjoyed the ride very much as oppose to the old Leyland buses which oftenly broke down and is very pack.

The demise of the train started with the Mini van era. All of sudden mini van took over and make stops at people gate and and few stops. The ride from Portland to Kingston was a long one and not commercially profitable for the train as they had to go through St.Mary, then St.Catherine going to places like Higate, Troja, Bog Walk, and Spanish Town. It would take about 5 to sic hours to get to Kingston on train while 2.5 hours going on a mini bus.

The people were not very unfriendly to the trains as they let their animals who often got hit by train to graze near the rail. There was also people who destroy the wood for the line and use it as firewood.

After Gilbert many people know that train going Port Antonio was never going to happen again as Black Hill line was deverstated. Here is a part of the line that had nothing but tunnels and bridges and it was totally wiped away. It would have been still nice if the train could come to Annotto Bay or Buff Bay but going back to Port Antonio was going to cost too much.

In my opinion the railway can be viable but as a part of a proper transport system.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I thought that is what we had under PJ ??

Him nevah Benevolent ?

Comment

mine too...check the record. i HONESTLY believe that.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
        X