Now is this a future politician?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now is this a future politician?

"Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Politician or a area DON
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Mi hear sey some a the non-traditional skools are ongle high schools in name only. Nuff work need fi do.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

"non traditional"...whey dat mean to yuh?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

It mean all dem formerly secondary skools whey dem "convert" to high skools. Mi believe dem fi just change the 'hole a dem into trade skools, and fi get bout teaching literature etc. Dem fi develop skills wha the country need fi advance.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Thats all well and good when is somebody else pickney going the school. I know I would not be pleased if the high school my child go to not getting some exposure to the sciences, etc. If them can't manage it well them can always learn a trade later on.

At that young age children should not be forced to specialize. Them need exposure to all areas.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

In a Germs-many yutes who nuh gween to college are tracked to trade schools. Developing skilled trades is Jamaica's best option for future development.

Comment

Funny that them send we go a HEART for a second chance at a profession but the youth never get a first chance.

What is the use of having 6 subject and can't get a job? What is the use of having maths, physics, chem, and the sciences and the only profession you can do is to get a job in a bank or hotel front desk especially when you have no training in customer service?

If Mikey dread campbell did start Titchfield 5 years later Reggae radio stations wouldn't be what they are today because them got rid of the studio he learned his trade in, by the time I reached there. Him maybe just another bank clerk.

How many high schools even have a trade program in it. Carpentry, Tourism, Steelwork, farming etc? Maybe that is what is needed to get the interest of some of these youths.

The YEP program by Bruce Golding I am sure will make a positive impact as you can look for some young entrepreneurs a few years from now.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

No problem with that Hortical, but not when that choice is made for the youths at 12 y.o. because they went to a ghetto school and couldn't pay for GSAT lessons!

At least we need the system to be good enough to give the youths a chance to show what they are capable of before we decide for them. Then if you reach 15 or so and not showing any interest or aptitude for higher education , then OK lets do something else.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                  X