National Energy Policy on Schedule for June Completion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Energy Policy on Schedule for June Completion

Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Energy and Mining Marcia Forbes has said that she fully expects the National Energy Policy to be completed by the end of June, 2009.

The Permanent Secretary made the statement at last week's opening of the Green Expo 2009 at the National Arena in Kingston.
    "We are working assiduously on the National Energy Policy and are committed to an end of June deadline.within the Ministry we have the relevant experts and stakeholders driving the process to ensure that this deadline is kept", she emphasized.
    In addition to the National Energy Policy the Ministry is working to complete the Carbon Emissions and Bio-fuels Policies, a Waste to Energy Policy and is also developing several strategies pertaining to renewable energy.

The Waste to Energy Policy, the Permanent Secretary informed "is not on the Ministry's agenda for this financial year. The others are and we are pushing to ensure that they are completed".

Continuing Mrs. Forbes asked for the patience of the Jamaican people during this process as she explained that policies take time to develop as a result of the consultative process that is involved.

When completed the National Energy Policy will outline the government's programmes and plan of action to effectively manage and further develop Jamaica's energy sector.

The policy will among other things ensure stable and adequate energy supplies at the least economic cost, reduce Jamaica's dependence on oil through the development of renewable and alternative energy sources and technologies and minimize the adverse environmental effects and pollution caused by the production, storage, transport and use of energy.

http://www.jis.gov.jm/MinEnergyMinin...PLETION___.asp
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Policy dun wen?

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

yuh cyaan read ?

Comment

A wonder if Don1 see this?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Is only dat yuh ah wondah bout Don Uno ??

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            A wonder if Don1 see this?
            I saw it... am I to be impressed by this report?

Nearly 2 years into their tenure... we are to be presented with a plan... YAY!!!!!!

Whey de Moet deh???
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

who care if you impress. At least they are trying to get a plan, just like Obama is trying to do.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

who care if you impress. At least they are trying to get a plan, just like Obama is trying to do.
                So why kall mi name ova some (rehashed no doubt) plan not yet introduced?
                Very underwhelming.

Obama had his plan ready within 3 months of taking office ... in a vastly more complicated environment.

Lef di Obama analogy... it nuh wuk yahso.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

His plan ??

LOL !!

Vastly more complicated environment ??

Obama woulda tek one look at what di PNP leff us wid and run like tief !

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                    His plan ??

LOL !!

Vastly more complicated environment ??

Obama woulda tek one look at what di PNP leff us wid and run like tief !
                    tiresome

Comment

where is the Obama plan and what has it effectively saved?

Comment

where is the Obama plan and what has it effectively saved?
                        I assume this is directed to me.

The administration proposes and Congress disposes.... the overall plan has been winding it's way thru Congress for the past few weeks.

However elements of the plan have been implemented thru the stimulus & other bailout spending.

If you would like to bone up on this don't hesitate to request useful references.

Comment

Show me where he has put togather a overall energy plan. That has not been done. It has been done in bits and pieces so far.

Comment

Show me where he has put togather a overall energy plan. That has not been done. It has been done in bits and pieces so far.
                            I don't need to show you anything.

I already told you the plan has been proposed to Congress which is debating it.

Comment

Dem have JPS in merica ?

Who own the grid ?

Dem have a PNP ovah suh ?

Obama woulda run like a tief..

Comment

Working...
                              X