Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
    Because figures don't lie right?

Oh sorry, post-independent Jamaica GDP figures don't lie. LOL!
    Give unto Caesar I-Man.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lawd Lazie why this so hard fe understand? Dem/me don't disagree with the NUMBERS, we disagree with the CONCLUSION you make from the numbers!

Thats why I attempted to show you some examples of numbers about 1820s Jamaica and a ridiculous conclusion based on the numbers. If you did not know the history of the 1820s would you be bashing us over the head and saying that the numbers show that the 1820s must have been a good time for the majority of Jamaicans? Think about that. Oh sorry i am reaching.

If you wish to argue that Shearer was our best PM fine, but you cannot be expected to be taken seriously when the ONLY argument you present is:

"Shearer was our best ever PM BECAUSE we had double digit GDP growth from 1967-1972.

QED "

Get it now? I doubt it but at least I tried my best.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Jamaica's problem is not whether or not we have had GREAT PM.. our problem has been 'Destroyer of Nations' PM.. I guess in that context Manley and PJ can be thought of as great...

I mean it tek a certain greatness to stifle the potential of a country like Jamaica in a manner as comprehensively executed by these PMs..

Comment

I suggest you save the cynical comments for one of your daily entertaining exchanges with Don1. They are wasted in a thread like this.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

you are not being objective

Comment

side pick an wi get stick

Comment

Cynical ?

Yuh know how hard it is to achieve the growth rates Jamaica has produced since 1972 ?

Yuh tink is an easy sinting ?

Yuh nuh know what clock a strike.. subtract di 80's from the equation and it would probably be a World Record.. certainly take into account state of the economy in 1972 and I challenge you to find a more impressive performance in a democratic country that has had no civil war or external war..

Bout cynical..

Comment

Is Bruce Golding based on current figures one of the worst Prime Ministers?

Comment

Originally posted by 1of1 View Post
                    His tenure will be evaluated at the end of his reign.
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Figure it out.. What policies has he implemented that has generated the 'current figures' ?

How has Jamaica performed relative the the Region/ World ?

Comment

on current figures , now mi a deal wid, not if him do this or when him do this "His tenure will be evaluated at the end of his reign."

Comment

Originally posted by 1of1 View Post

on current figures , now mi a deal wid, not if him do this or when him do this "His tenure will be evaluated at the end of his reign."
                          I-Man said he would pick Seaga as the best. For the first few years the numbers were not that impressive until 1986 when it turned around. Everybody is judged based on their entire reign ... stop being so jumpy.
                          Last edited by Lazie; May 28, 2009, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Mi tired of this relative to this an relative to dat business, a one place mi live an a Jamaica, give me something for Jamaica. You tink mi ago frownz if him pull off someting dat work. No government fi get nuh defence, bun out whe fi get bun out big up whe fi get big up.

Comment

Mi have reason to be jumpy?

Comment

Hmm.. well Jamaica unfortunately is not immune to Global Trends.. suh it set.

If the World growth rate is X and yours is below that.. then one would say you are UNDERPERFORMING...

You cannot just look at a countries growth rate in isolation... well actually you can it would be silly..

I would go into the issue of policy and how it affects this but it might be too much at one time.. let me know if you understand the first concept then we can take it from there..

Comment

Working...
                                X