Islandman , mi know mi can reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
    The FACT also is that in the 1820s we had zero unemployment and very low crime. Sugar was king and earning lots of money.

It must have been a great time and place, with great leaders in charge. The numbers don't lie!
    Reaching now? We're talking about an Independent Jamaica. But play hopscotch.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

you still don't get it? You must be pretending;I
      pray that you are only pretending.

Comment

Why would the island remain '55% Illiterate'..?

The rest of the region did not.

Was Jamaica an anomaly at the time in regards to popluation literacy ??

Comment

Ohhhh, now me understand!!

The figures don't lie EXCEPT.....

if you are talking about anywhere in the world except Jamaica,

OR

any period in time except 1962-present.

Once you stay in that miniscule part of space and time, the figures work PERFECTLY and should be used EXCLUSIVELY to determine success. But any other place and time, well maybe not so much.

Come Lazie, me know you can do betta than that.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
            you still don't get it? You must be pretending;I
            pray that you are only pretending.
            Jawge, you realize I don't take you serious on Jamaican issues anymore? The man that twice got a growing economy and fock it up you idolize then wonder if I'm pretending? Joke ting.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Ohhhh, now me understand!!

The figures don't lie EXCEPT.....

if you are talking about anywhere in the world except Jamaica,

OR

any period in time except 1962-present.

Once you stay in that miniscule part of space and time, the figures work PERFECTLY and should be used EXCLUSIVELY to determine success. But any other place and time, well maybe not so much.

Come Lazie, me know you can do betta than that.
              We're obviously talking about an independent Jamaica I-man. From last week mi notice ppl a try confuse the issue making reference to pre independent Jamaica.

AGAIN ... under Shearer we experienced double digit growth. Disprove that nuh?

Comment

Have you seen ANYBODY trying to disprove that when Shearer was PM Jamaica had double digit growth? Is that what this whole argument is about?

Forgive me, I thought this discussion was about wether that is sufficient enough to declare him as "our best PM to date" as you have done.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Have you seen ANYBODY trying to disprove that when Shearer was PM Jamaica had double digit growth? Is that what this whole argument is about?

Forgive me, I thought this discussion was about wether that is sufficient enough to declare him as "our best PM to date" as you have done.
                  Suh why was he able to achieve it and the others couldn't? We had one clown there for 14 years and the best they could do is 1.5%? I don't see why its so hard to give Ceasar his due, yet those that wreak the economy is idolised.

Comment

in all seriousness though iman....how many prime ministers have independent jamaica had? if the subject is jamaican prime ministers?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Charisma goes a long way and clouds reality.
                      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Not many, and I tend to agree with Don1 that so far we really have not had a truly great PM in JA.

Comment

Not many, and I tend to agree with Don1 that so far we really have not had a truly great PM in JA.
                          Agree with Don1? Please ... even if he is the BEST of a bad lot that does change the fact that he was the best.

Comment

Thats a whole nodda discussion and people disagree on how much of the growth was due to Shearers unexpected leadership role for those 4 years.

Comment

Because figures don't lie right?

Oh sorry, post-independent Jamaica GDP figures don't lie. LOL!

Comment

Thats a whole nodda discussion and people disagree on how much of the growth was due to Shearers unexpected leadership role for those 4 years.
                                ... another mythical stance? If they disagree with the numbers ... tell them to present their numbers nuh?

Comment

Working...
                                X