Government working to prevent tourism fallout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Government working to prevent tourism fallout

The Government is taking steps to protect Jamaica’s image following yesterday’s incident in which a car with six Canadian tourists was hit by gunshots in Kingston.

The tourists were travelling from Montego Bay.

According to the minister with responsibility for information, Daryl Vaz, one of the passengers was injured by shattered glass from the car.

He says the passenger was treated at Kingston Public Hospital and released.

Mr. Vaz says the Government is working to contain any possible fallout from the incident.

The six tourists were safely returned to their hotel in Montego Bay by helicopter last night.

Earlier, they were met by Prime Minister Bruce Golding and officials of the Jamaica Tourist Board (JTB).

The Prime Minister has sought to assure the tourists that the Government will do everything to ensure their comfort until they leave the island on Saturday.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Nonsense! A dis fi reach wi! Wi nah go do nutten bout dis gun-ridden country unless tourist involve.

So, di govt. have bodyguards around dese Canadians for the rest of their stay?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      Nonsense! A dis fi reach wi! Wi nah go do nutten bout dis gun-ridden country unless tourist involve.

So, di govt. have bodyguards around dese Canadians for the rest of their stay?
      Harsh but tourists should be prevent from wandering into certain areas. Then we cuss all inclusives.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

There is a certain all-inclusive that has as part of its orientation for its guests, some speech that paints Jamaica as a jungle, where the rabid, murderous natives will get you! Okay, that's a little exagerated, but I was absolutely stunned when a guest told me what they had told her. That can't be right, Lazie.

I don't have a problem with AIs but the tearing down of Jamaica must stop. And govt. needs to ACT and do something about the crime problem which is why S...some all inclusives feel it necessary to warn their guests from venturing outside its gates.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Look like dem Canadians missed the Speech...

Looks like there are worse things than the speech...

LOL !

Comment

mi get dat said speech in italy napoli to be exact....don't wear jewelry, careful wid yuh money, don't wander off....

i woulda seh it have racial overtones but it was said to a large group of which i was a part...suh...mi nuh know!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yuh have Jamaicans that have lived in Jamaica for decades that fraid a Kingston like the plague.. yuh coulda nevah pay dem to come yah..

Comment

japanese dem nuh fraid

Comment

I have been to Kingston once in over 30 years...(and it's by choice).

Kingston shoud be vivisectioned from Jamaica!
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Your loss!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

And before that, how many times?

You were one of those Reno fans who never see football play under stadium lights ? I remember Sav people used to say thats why Reno couldn't beat Boys Town, Harbor View, etc come semi-final time back in the day. Them couldn't play under stadium lights, LOL.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

heheheeee...yuh remembah.

Remember when Reno reach the semifinal in the very early 70's?; Sweetie Smith, Clarke (Claggie) , Andred Andrews were on the squad. They played one of the mentioned team from 'tong' at Sabina park (of all places)
                        I think Reno lost 1-luv.

Personally: I visited Kingston quite frequently during those days. There were less scumbags then...
                        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
                        X