Vaz to respond to Nationwide licensing issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaz to respond to Nationwide licensing issue

Information Minister Daryl Vaz is expected to address concerns raised by the People's National Party (PNP) regarding the licensing of the Nationwide News Network (NNN) at the Post Cabinet Press briefing now underway at Jamaica House.

Opposition spokesperson on information Lisa Hanna wants Mr. Vaz to sanction the radio station for breaching the broadcasting law.

According to Ms. Hanna, the Cliff Hughes led media house has been broadcasting without the required license.

Nationwide is now transmitting on the 90.7 FM band.

But the Broadcasting Commission says it has only given the news network permission for test transmissions under the Telecommunications Act.

Ms. Hanna says this has serious implications, as person offended by material aired by Nationwide will not be able to seek recourse from the Broadcasting Commission.

It's against this background that Ms. Hanna is calling for immediate steps to be taken for Nationwide to be licensed or taken off the air.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

LOL!!!!! But Cliff Hughes nuh easy. A test transmission dem a duh and move full speed ahead? Dem better hope Portia and her gang nuh return cause NNN will certainly be off the air.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I can think of a few things that lisa should spend some time doing!!

Comment

such as?

Comment

take it off the air fi mi please!

heh heh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Why mo? Anyway
            mi nuh haff nutten more fi say bout Lisa H. Mi wife
            surf di net. I personally think it would be disrespectful to say what OJ
            said of the woman to each his own though.

Mi done, no more Lisa H.

Comment

Good! Cah mi know when you ready fi stalk di brownin dem...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

so mi ah stalker now? I tell how it
                hard fi ah black brother bout yah. Back in slavery days a black man could not even look at a white woman (he would be whipped and lynched)

The same is practiced in modern times under a different guise. All said and done: I am married to beautiful nubian, who recently gave me two nice sons. Praise Jah, I could not ask for more.

Comment

Such as empowering cooperate Jamaica to provide mentorship for young urban women to be involved in positive aspect of the media. That is a program I would like to see worked on. I am aware of some of her community work but it needs to be highlighted at the national level. (what did you think I was talking about jwage).... I have the utmost respect for Ms. Hanna.

Comment

see below get your mind out of the gutter

Comment

Working...
                    X