'It should've been Bob'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    Nice try, Lazie. The PM also said that Grange's nonsense about sending letters/emails out to MPs for suggestions is, well, nonsense! Because is not MPs alone can suggest labour day projects.

He also said if he were in opposition he would have had the same concerns, like mine and Bobby Pickersgill's. (Yech! Not sure I want to be in that company!)

Suh, Lazie, whey yuh gwine run now?

And, lastly, it matters not that Kellier is getting one too. When yuh have 3 projects in constituencies that may be up for by-elections, throwing in one to calm the mob is hardly good enuff.
    As you pointed out in another thread ... you have no idea whats going on. I am yet to hear anyone dispute that they received letters to put plans forward. If Ms. Grange is not telling the truth then someone need to call her on it.

Minister Grange's Statement on Labour Day

I want to respond to the issues that have been raised about the projects that have been selected for this year's Labour Day to be observed on May 25.
    The Prime Minister is absolutely right. The selection of three of the four projects for national focus on Labour Day does appear partisan. But the appearance, in this case, is not reality. These four very worthwhile and important projects were not selected on a partisan basis.
    It is my aim that all constituencies will benefit from work on Labour Day. In addition to the support that the Labour Day Secretariat can provide, I made representation to the Constituency Development Fund for money to be approved, to all Members of Parliament, for Labour Day projects. On May 5, all Members of Parliament received correspondence indicating that such funds were approved.
    The unchallenged fact is that, to date, I have received only four proposals from Members of Parliament to partner with the National Labour Day Secretariat this year after I wrote to all MPs on April 15 asking them to design Labour Day projects. I received four proposals from MPs and I rejected none.
    The four Members of Parliament who submitted projects saw an opportunity, that was available to all MPs, and embraced it. Should I have turned them away when they came with proposals to partner with the National Labour Day Secretariat to make a difference in the lives of the people they are there to serve?

It has been reported in the media that I only added the fourth project since Monday as a means of pacifying the Opposition. This is not the case. Here are the facts:
    1. The first three projects were approved shortly after my letter to Members of Parliament in April.
    2. I announced three projects at the National Launch on May 1. Labour day promotional media were also distributed at the launch and those featured three projects.
    3. MP Derrick Kellier who attended the National Launch approached me in Parliament a few days later (May 5) and asked to have his very worthwhile project supported. I agreed to his request right away.
    4. On May 8, I brought Mr Kellier's request to the National Labour Day Committee and it was endorsed. As at May 8 there were four projects that would be given support by the Labour Day Secretariat.
    5. It is not true that millions of tax payers' money will be spent on each project by the Labour Day Secretariat. The maximum that the Secretariat will grant to each of the four projects is five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000).

The impression is being given that constituencies other than the four, which will have national focus, will not be able to mount Labour Day projects. This is not the case.
    The Prime Minister clearly explained yesterday that all MPs have been notified (by letter) that they can use the sum of Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Dollars ($250,000) from their Constituency Development Fund allocation to undertake Labour Day Projects in their constituencies.
    Labour Day is not divisive. It is inclusive. It is a time when each one helps one; when each one chips in.
    I urge all of us to chip in and work together. Please register Labour Day projects with the Parish Councils, the SDC offices, the JCDC offices, the Ministry of Youth, Sports and Culture and online at www.jis.gov.jm. In the spirit of this year's theme - Volunteerism, Intervention, Beautification and Empowerment for Success - let's all "ketch" the vibes this Labour Day - Monday May 25.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      As you pointed out in another thread ... you have no idea whats going on. I am yet to hear anyone dispute that they received letters to put plans forward. If Ms. Grange is not telling the truth then someone need to call her on it.
      Lazie, you had better take this up with your PM. He said if he were in opposition he would have had the same concerns. That's what yuh must deal wid. Is not me and Don1 nuh have nuh sense!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Lazie, you had better take this up with your PM. He said if he were in opposition he would have had the same concerns. That's what yuh must deal wid. Is not me and Don1 nuh have nuh sense!
        I have no problem with what the PM said .. he asked for an explanation what is wrong with that? Which joker came here and claimed projects were only in key JLP constituencies? Last I checked it was you. The FACT IS (as Rafa said) Derrick Kellier's project was approved even before you made the accusation. I haven't heard or read where Derrick is disputing that he got a project. So gwaan like yuh nuh have no sense. Someone need to point out that Grange is telling a lie. Hopefully we'll see it in the press tomorrow. In the meantime gwaan convince yuhself that yuh have sense.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

And let's not forget West Portland was chosen last year. Oh, my bad! Vaz was the only one to request a labour day project.

woie!

Again, Lazie, the PM has said is not only MPs can chose projects. Deal wid dat one!

And yet again, adding Kellier's to mix does not change anything. I don't expect you to understand that, though.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

And let's not forget West Portland was chosen last year. Oh, my bad! Vaz was the only one to request a labour day project.

woie!

Again, Lazie, the PM has said is not only MPs can chose projects. Deal wid dat one!

And yet again, adding Kellier's to mix does not change anything. I don't expect you to understand that, though.
            All of a sudden you can hang onto the PM's word. Even though he said that, does that determine if Grange is telling the truth about these projects got approved? Suh now yuh have an issue with the project being in Vaz's constituency? Was it political electioneering when the former gov't had project in PNP constituency? Or yuh just feel like being picky?

Comment

Surely, yuh not that dense!

It's one thing to have projects in your...yuh know what...you are that dense! Why bother!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Surely, yuh not that dense!

It's one thing to have projects in your...yuh know what...you are that dense! Why bother!
                .. having a George Bush moment?

Comment

Ok but I think we going to have to start some history lessons on the forum, and some weekly book recommendations.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

History and facts mean nothing to party propagandists.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

History and facts mean nothing to party propagandists.
                      True word. We have to agree here. After all, facts (stats) were presented but ...the myth lives on.

Comment

Well, at least I use statistics to support my argument .... what you use? Wait .. as I-Man stated, there are lies, damn lies and statistics.
                        Lazie the problem fi yuh is: if sumting nuh deh pon di internet... yuh nuh know bout it.

Your statistics presented in a vacuum... and without a historical memory.... are very limited and subject to misinterpretation.
                        You need a substantial history lesson... some valuable books are available shedding light on Jamaica's past. I can recommend a few.

I use stats and verifiable, competent, third party sources (not politician's self serving comments) more than anyone else ... you included... suh guweh!
                        Last edited by Don1; May 15, 2009, 03:41 PM.
                        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                          Lazie the problem fi yuh is: if sumting nuh deh pon di internet... yuh nuh know bout it.

Statistics presented in a vacuum... very limited and subject to misinterpretation.

I use stats and verifiable, competent, third party sources (not politician's self serving comments) more than anyone else ... you included... suh guweh!
                          Wait ... how did you know that slavery existed? Didn't you read about it? Well, since I'm not able to be everywhere at the same time I have to read and yes ... that includes credible sources on the internet. I have no problem with that. Jawge .. talk tuh yuh comrade bout the info age nuh?

Comment

No, it was Sangster.
                            Don't Sangster did drop out rite afta di oat' tek?

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Wait ... how did you know that slavery existed? Didn't you read about it? Well, since I'm not able to be everywhere at the same time I have to read and yes ... that includes credible sources on the internet. I have no problem with that. Jawge .. talk tuh yuh comrade bout the info age nuh?
                              Yuh read bout Ome Gyaad yet? Which part pon di net yuh fine i?

Comment

He was the de facto PM for years because Busta did in fact drop out soon after his election.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X