'It should've been Bob'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks Willi.

If you notice I was actually thinking while writing but as you say it would be a collector's item.

oppurtunity missed. We need a new BOJ head. Lattibeaudierre too square, and him try the same things over and over.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
      Hope you not serious.

Shearer was a HORRIBLE Prime Minister. As Mosiah states, the economic growth was for all practial purposes under Sangsters leadership as Bustamante was mostly a figurehead after independence. Shearer merely inherited it after Sangsters death.

Shearers legacy is basically banning any books that had anything to do with the black power movement (it is rumoured that "Black Beauty" was also banned but I have never confirmed this), deporting the great Caribbean intellectual Walter Rodney due to his black nationalist views, and not recognizing the great inequalities, both economic and social, in Jamaican society that had not been addressed in the post independece era. Also he was the biggest dunce we had as PM until Portia came around to challenge him.

Lazie, raw figures do not tell the whole story. There are lies, damn lies and statistics.
      Well, you all can work with the lies and damn lies ... I'll work with the statistics. The levels of growth we had under his leadership is yet to be matched .. hopefully we can find another that dunce.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie, let me ask you this. If he was such a great leader how was Seaga able to unseat him as JLP leader after just one election loss?
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Lazie, let me ask you this. If he was such a great leader how was Seaga able to unseat him as JLP leader after just one election loss?
          We talking bout Jamaica Islandman! PJ was a disaster yet he won 3 general elections. Seaga was able to correct the mess created between 72 and 80 yet he was voted out ... never to return. All I know is the stats show which PM was able to touch double digit growth. I'll work with the stats ... who want to work with the lies so be it.

See Attached.
          Attached Files
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

OK, boss. Just realise that economic growth does not happen in a vaccum and can be interpreted in many ways.

The guy who was president of the US during the time period below must have been one of the greatest presidents in US history!

--------------------------------------------------------------

YEAR GDP GROWTH
            ----- -------------

2001 +0.2%

2002 +1.9%

2003 +3.7%

2004 +3.1%

2005 +2.7%

2006 +2.4%

2007 +2.3%

2008 +1.8% (first half only)
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

OK, boss. Just realise that economic growth does not happen in a vaccum and can be interpreted in many ways.

The guy who was president of the US during the time period below must have been one of the greatest presidents in US history!

--------------------------------------------------------------

YEAR GDP GROWTH
              ----- -------------

2001 +0.2%

2002 +1.9%

2003 +3.7%

2004 +3.1%

2005 +2.7%

2006 +2.4%

2007 +2.3%

2008 +1.8% (first half only)
              Lets see, this is one of those times it convenient to do a Ja USA comparison? Listen, under Hugh Lawson Shearer, JA's first black PM, not PJ as many seem to think, we experienced levels of growth yet to be matched. Statisical data support that. If unuh want to give Sangster the credit .. hey ... by all means.

Until another PM do anything that come close Shearer is the best PM. Oh .. winning 3 elections nuh count, and undoing the achievements of Shearer nuh count either.

Comment

bob and miss lou before shearer!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yuh have mouth now!

Look like yuh PM did shut yuh up regarding di labour day projects. Coulden hear fram yuh!

heh heh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    Yuh have mouth now!

Look like yuh PM did shut yuh up regarding di labour day projects. Coulden hear fram yuh!

heh heh!
                    Yuh see it that way? You came here claiming it was only JLP constituencies getting projects ... when Kellier's project was approved. You were wrong. Don't hide behind what the PM say ... he asked for Grange to explain ... then she should explain.

Comment

No, the idea was to make the argument that one does not rate a national leader only by raw stats on GDP growth, regardless of all the other factors.

But I guess you believe otherwise so we will agree to disagree.

Comment

Rasta on money. What a ting.

Comment

We can always disagree or agree, but it's a done deal.

If Ms. Lou did get it, there would still be a chorous singing "it should have been Bob"!!

All BOJ haffi do is issue more commemorative coins with Bob and Ms. Lou
                          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                          - Langston Hughes

Comment

No, the idea was to make the argument that one does not rate a national leader only by raw stats on GDP growth, regardless of all the other factors.

But I guess you believe otherwise so we will agree to disagree.
                            Give Lazie a break please. You have to realize that besides being a JLP spokesperson... he is quite young and naive in the political game.
                            Internet radio and statistics are his main stock in trade.

Gi di man a chance nuh?

btw Lazie yuh research Home Guards yet? how about Brigadistas, Russian Ships, Walter Rodney, Marcus Garvey etc etc etc etc etc etc...........
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                              Give Lazie a break please. You have to realize that besides being a JLP spokesperson... he is quite young and naive in the political game.
                              Internet radio and statistics are his main stock in trade.

Gi di man a chance nuh?

btw Lazie yuh research Home Guards yet? how about Brigadistas, Russian Ships, Walter Rodney, Marcus Garvey etc etc etc etc etc etc...........
                              Well, at least I use statistics to support my argument .... what you use? Wait .. as I-Man stated, there are lies, damn lies and statistics.

Comment

Nice try, Lazie. The PM also said that Grange's nonsense about sending letters/emails out to MPs for suggestions is, well, nonsense! Because is not MPs alone can suggest labour day projects.

He also said if he were in opposition he would have had the same concerns, like mine and Bobby Pickersgill's. (Yech! Not sure I want to be in that company!)

Suh, Lazie, whey yuh gwine run now?

And, lastly, it matters not that Kellier is getting one too. When yuh have 3 projects in constituencies that may be up for by-elections, throwing in one to calm the mob is hardly good enuff.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X