BBC just ran a Trafigura special!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC just ran a Trafigura special!

What a sleazy company. They bout cheap, low grade oil from texas, used crude caustic soda and catalysts to clean it up onboard a ship and then tried to dump it in Holland. the Dutch refused saying it would take $half million to dispose of and they took it back onboard, passed it off to some novice sleazeball in Ivory coast for $20K. They then dumped this all over the city and countryside causing tens of thousand of people to get sick from the foul smelling toxic sludge. Babies aborted, infants poisoned. In one small village of 2,000 people, EVERYONE got sick.

When the scandal broke, they denied everything, still claiming it is not toxic, but they paid the IC Govt $200m and the case was dropped locally in the IC. Talk about penny wise and pound foolish!

The toxic material consist of concentrated caustic soda, hydrogen sulphide, other sulphates and a chemical starting with "m" that is claimed to be the most foul smelling chemical ever made. They said if the load was dropped in the centre of London, it would be smelled up to 25 miles away in each direction!!!

The Dutch are prosecuting and Ivorians are taking the largest ever class action suit to a London court! The BBC said this is the largest such case since Union Carbide in Bhopal.

Just for our info, Trafigura revenue was $70B last year, more than the GDP of the Cote d'Ivoire!

Jamaica got off lucky, as this is one low-bite company!

Originally posted by Willi View Post
    What a sleazy company. They bout cheap, low grade oil from texas, used crude caustic soda and catalysts to clean it up onboard a ship and then tried to dump it in Holland. the Dutch refused saying it would take $half million to dispose of and they took it back onboard, passed it off to some novice sleazeball in Ivory coast for $20K. They then dumped this all over the city and countryside causing tens of thousand of people to get sick from the foul smelling toxic sludge. Babies aborted, infants poisoned. In one small village of 2,000 people, EVERYONE got sick.

When the scandal broke, they denied everything, still claiming it is not toxic, but they paid the IC Govt $200m and the case was dropped locally in the IC. Talk about penny wise and pound foolish!

The toxic material consist of concentrated caustic soda, hydrogen sulphide, other sulphates and a chemical starting with "m" that is claimed to be the most foul smelling chemical ever made. They said if the load was dropped in the centre of London, it would be smelled up to 25 miles away in each direction!!!

The Dutch are prosecuting and Ivorians are taking the largest ever class action suit to a London court! The BBC said this is the largest such case since Union Carbide in Bhopal.

Just for our info, Trafigura revenue was $70B last year, more than the GDP of the Cote d'Ivoire!

Jamaica got off lucky, as this is one low-bite company!
    That story has been out for ages.... are you just hearing that?

As for Jamaica,....we're still waiting for the promised corruption charges to be laid against PNP officials.

As I said at the time, to much scorn,..... it was a tempest in a teacup... and zero would come of it.... regardless of what the truth is in the matter.

Yet another prediction come to pass.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I heard the story, but not the details.

I saw the people who got sick and who lost babies being interviewed. Much more powerful. I saw documented proof by Greenpeace etc. i saw the company spin, etc.

You are focussed on the wrong thing. What they did to the IC IS the issue. It was monsterous!!!! This is the face of pure evil.

We should never deal with these kinds of people.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
        I heard the story, but not the details.

I saw the people who got sick and who lost babies being interviewed. Much more powerful. I saw documented proof by Greenpeace etc. i saw the company spin, etc.

You are focussed on the wrong thing. What they did to the IC IS the issue. It was monsterous!!!! This is the face of pure evil.

We should never deal with these kinds of people.
        They are a typical transnational corporation... rape & pillage is the modus operandi.

Look at a company like Shell... they are no different.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Shell is smart enuff not to try save $1/2m and risk having to shell out $200m plus later!

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
            They are a typical transnational corporation... rape & pillage is the modus operandi.

Look at a company like Shell... they are no different.
            Shell is a notorious corporate rapist of very long standing.
            Other such companies come to mind... Monsanto, the former Union Carbide, Dow Chemical etc, etc etc... They try to behave decently in their home countries .. but overseas... ah murda. Energy and mining companies are the absolute worst... except maybe for military contractors.

Even the local bauxite/alumina companies (in collusion with all our administrations) have wrecked the landscape and poisoned water sources without good remediation... and dumped millions of tons of toxic sludge in red mud lakes.
            The only place that stuff can go is into the water table.... by which time ...dem gone.
            When I see them offering some paltry sums for public causes and generate great PR thru our simpleminded media houses... mi waan fiya 2 shat unda dem ************************!

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
              Shell is a notorious corporate rapist of very long standing.
              Other such companies come to mind... Monsanto, the former Union Carbide, Dow Chemical etc, etc etc... They try to behave decently in their home countries .. but overseas... ah murda. Energy and mining companies are the absolute worst... except maybe for military contractors.

Even the local bauxite/alumina companies (in collusion with all our administrations) have wrecked the landscape and poisoned water sources without good remediation... and dumped millions of tons of toxic sludge in red mud lakes.
              The only place that stuff can go is into the water table.... by which time ...dem gone.
              When I see them offering some paltry sums for public causes and generate great PR thru our simpleminded media houses... mi waan fiya 2 shat unda dem ************************!
              Funny I used to think I was the only one who felt that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
                Funny I used to think I was the only one who felt that way.
                me too

Comment

Typical Transnational corporation ???

Hmm...

Comment

Working...
                  X