Raul Castro dismisses Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Westman View Post
    Why get simple and personal? He did mention sponge bob but he did not take the serious discussion to a low level. By the way you cannot ease me off or shut me up. Last time I checked, I thought this was a place for serious adult discussion and it is an open foum. When people resort to being personal it simply means they dont have any cogent arguments to make.
    But ah wha dis faada?

If di man ave a problem wid whey mi seh ... ah im fi deal wit it. Who you fah?

Yu ah a wha... im lawya??
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Let's get something straight. You are suggesting that I should not respond to your post because you were addressing someone else. In this string of emails, I responded to Mosiah and then you responded to what I said. That is how our discussion started today. I would never be crazy enough to say you should not respond to me. You got personal and denigrating and I have never direspected you and never will do that to you or any other person here. You started off stating that I sound like the Republican playbook. I am sure I do not. Many non-republicans actually deplore the embargo and deplore the Castro regime and say the things I said. I cannot see how any part of any of my posts can be construed to be emotional unless someone insists on seeing them that way.

I do agree with the post you quoted regarding providing cover, etc. However, when you responded to my first post in the string and continued therafter, it is as though you believed I support the embargo. Quite frankly, I live in Florida and my biggest reason for the positions I hold is because I think a minority of Florida's citizens are hijacking state and federal policy and holding us hostage. They, like Fidel, only have relevance while there is continued strife. They just believe in totalitarianism of a different kind. However, it is emerging that many younger and silent older Cuban Americans do want to end the embargo and think it was worthless from day one. They also want to have some way of getting Cuba to be less repressive. I believe that is what Obama is trying to negotiate through, a step at a time. While he is on the way to removal of the embargo, Obama wants to build some trust and work through issues. I also think Fidel is just making excuses. I think he wants to find little excuses to derail the process and keep himself relevant.

I seek no strife so I wish you a good night. By the way, I am not a lawyer, but I am Assassin's self appointed Amicus Curiae. This is a serious topic that I have discussed for many years with many Cuban Americans and others.
      "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Let's get something straight. You are suggesting that I should not respond to your post because you were addressing someone else. In this string of emails, I responded to Mosiah and then you responded to what I said. That is how our discussion started today. I would never be crazy enough to say you should not respond to me. You got personal and denigrating and I have never direspected you and never will do that to you or any other person here. You started off stating that I sound like the Republican playbook. I am sure I do not. Many non-republicans actually deplore the embargo and deplore the Castro regime and say the things I said. I cannot see how any part of any of my posts can be construed to be emotional unless someone insists on seeing them that way.

I do agree with the post you quoted regarding providing cover, etc. However, when you responded to my first post in the string and continued therafter, it is as though you believed I support the embargo. Quite frankly, I live in Florida and my biggest reason for the positions I hold is because I think a minority of Florida's citizens are hijacking state and federal policy and holding us hostage. They, like Fidel, only have relevance while there is continued strife. They just believe in totalitarianism of a different kind. However, it is emerging that many younger and silent older Cuban Americans do want to end the embargo and think it was worthless from day one. They also want to have some way of getting Cuba to be less repressive. I believe that is what Obama is trying to negotiate through, a step at a time. While he is on the way to removal of the embargo, Obama wants to build some trust and work through issues. I also think Fidel is just making excuses. I think he wants to find little excuses to derail the process and keep himself relevant.

I seek no strife so I wish you a good night. By the way, I am not a lawyer, but I am Assassin's self appointed Amicus Curiae. This is a serious topic that I have discussed for many years with many Cuban Americans and others.
        I fully endorse your decision to retire.......have a good night.

Assasin ave all lawya now! wanda ow much yuh charge im?
        Last edited by Don1; April 29, 2009, 10:51 PM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

You obviously have a problem with comprehension. I am not an advocate for the embargo and I think it is worthless. I never hinted that I support the embargo.

In the context of two countries having a bad relationship, the USA has stepped forward and said that they want to normalize relations and want to take steps toward that. they have started the process. Considering the political reality, Pres Obama has started down an unprecedented path, as far as US/Cuba policy goes. Cuba needs to reciprocate and allow the relationship to go forward. You may not care what the majority believe. It seems that you like Fidel only care what the minority believe.
          You are right on one thing... I don't care much for what the majority of Americans may believe at any given point in time... they are very fickle and subject to manipulation by the media... as you may or may not be.

Comment

How Raul Castro fi dismiss Obama ???

Cuba been cutting of dem nose now fi decades...

Comment

It is alright mi brethren mi an deal wid Don1.

The fact is though you will never hear a once of criticism from them about Cuba and the Castro regime. You have never seen that.

Just keep it real and nuh watch nuh face.

Some time Mauibi get him confused
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Save the insults, and talk real facts!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Why get simple and personal? He did mention sponge bob but he did not take the serious discussion to a low level. By the way you cannot ease me off or shut me up. Last time I checked, I thought this was a place for serious adult discussion and it is an open foum. When people resort to being personal it simply means they dont have any cogent arguments to make.
                  So true!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Rehash Cuban failings ??

Cuba has failings ???!

Send me the link !

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                      It is alright mi brethren mi an deal wid Don1.

The fact is though you will never hear a once of criticism from them about Cuba and the Castro regime. You have never seen that.

Just keep it real and nuh watch nuh face.

Some time Mauibi get him confused
                      You people watch too much CNN, NBC etc to formulate your positions. Time to broaden your scope.... I don't mind showing you the way.

Since Maudib is himself confused that's quite possible!

Comment

Westman, it is quite possible that, living in Florida, has been influenced by the Cuban Americans there. It could mean he knows more than most of us, while we might talking with some ignorance of the situation. Or he could have been brainwashed!

Where I am coming from is simply this - Cuba is not the worst country in the world in terms of human rights, etc. but it's the only one that has a 1/2 century embargo imposed on it. Why?!?

The embargo should not be up for negotiation. Remove it now and impose other sanctions if you will.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Ok NostraDon1...

Show us the way.. what should we be watching..?

The US Embargo pales in comparison to the embargo Castro has placed on the Cuban people.. Lee Kwan Yew would refer to Castro as quixotic...

When yuh can buy a woman with some wrigleys and she have a PhD.. someting wong..

LOL !!

Comment

Mosiah, don't we all know why? Cuba was a unique political case in the cold war and the Castros are relics of the Cold War.

Yes the embargo should be lifted but to say it should be done without negotiation seems an unlikely political move for a president who has only so much political capital and a whole lot of more pressing issues from a US perspective to spend it on.

Don't you think even a token move by the Cuban regime would go a far way in silencing those who want to keep the embargo in place? I don't expect this to happen while Fidel is still running things, but still it seems to me from Rauls earlier statements before Fidel shut him down that this was at least being considered.
                            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

suh don1... iz wha mek yuh and westman guh at odds wid each odda... nuh de same ting westman a seh...

************************, mi read thru all a de threads fi come tuh dis weh a seh de same ting as westman...
                              'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

westman.. mi totally agree wid everyting yuh a seh... political cath phrases - left or righ wing... reality is just suh...

obama mek him move, iz castro fi mek de next move... dem (castros) mek dem ego a control dem mind...
                                'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Working...
                                X