Raul Castro dismisses Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No a lifetime and spongebob mi watch

When you have two very young kids you hardly have any time fi watch them.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Westman, who cares what the majority of Americans wants if it's based on some falsehood or makes no sense?

Why should Cuba make the first move to get rid of something that should never have been there in the first place?

Cuba is not the only country in the world that has political prisoners or leaders who are selfish totalitarians. Why haven't the other countries suffered the ignominy of an embargo?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

[quote=Mosiah;162938]Westman, who cares what the majority of Americans wants if it's based on some falsehood or makes no sense? quote]

clearly he cares.
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          No a lifetime and spongebob mi watch

When you have two very young kids you hardly have any time fi watch them.
          yuh neva ear dem seh spongebob a chichi man?

Fiya bun fi dat!!

Lifetime nuh oman show? a wha dis faada??

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Really! Let's stick with the facts. Obama actually made the first move with Cuba and Iran. The facts are that in both countries the real power brokers find their power in having an antagonistic relationship with the US and its allies. If great relations were to break out, they would no longer have relevance.

More facts: I along with most Americans believe the embargo is worthless and believe progressive steps should be taken toward normalizing relations with Cuba. But we dont believe all the steps should be taken by the USA and then if Fidel chooses to normalize relations and allow self determination and freedom of expression in Cuba then we should feel blessed. But it is totally up to Fidel Da Da. Not surprisng that the people who sometimes offer explanations or defense for Ma Ma also do the same for Fidel Da Da.

Will you guys ever acknowledge that Fidel is leading a totalitarion regime and is a ruthless dictator? Or do you only find fault with the US?
            "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

You obviously have a problem with comprehension. I am not an advocate for the embargo and I think it is worthless. I never hinted that I support the embargo.

In the context of two countries having a bad relationship, the USA has stepped forward and said that they want to normalize relations and want to take steps toward that. they have started the process. Considering the political reality, Pres Obama has started down an unprecedented path, as far as US/Cuba policy goes. Cuba needs to reciprocate and allow the relationship to go forward. You may not care what the majority believe. It seems that you like Fidel only care what the minority believe.

Comment

question of the year mi brethren, let me see how many a dem touch it

"Will you guys ever acknowledge that Fidel is leading a totalitarion regime and is a ruthless dictator? Or do you only find fault with the US?"
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Obama does not the authority to lift the embargo thru an executive order. The lifting of the embargo requires an act of Congress.
                  Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Facts?!? Point out my lies, please!

What first move did Obama make? The embargo against Cuba is the criminal move here.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Your post really does not deserve a response. You are obviously ill-informed if you are unaware of the specific policy changes and the unprecedented diplomatic overtures that Obama has made to Cuba. How is the embargo criminal? What law is it breaking? I have never felt good about it. If you say it has been ineffective and bad policy and has not achieved much I will agree.

All now, you and others play hypocrite and will find no fault with Castro's totalitarianism and his ruthless treatment of many Cubans.

The pendulum of US foreign policy has never swung so far in this direction before and after Obama it may take a long time for it to swing in that direction again. Whether you like it or not, I along with the majority of Americans agree with the path Obama is taking. It is time for real Cubans to stand up and make Cuba all it can be and stop blaming all Cuba's ills on the embargo.

Comment

I cant believe you can see the evil in the embargo but cannot see the ruthlessness and evil in teh Castro regime. Obama aint begging anything. I cant beleive a big sensible person cannot understnad and respect political reality. For the first time, a US president has the courage and spends the political capital to engage Cuba and express the desire to normalize relations and put everything on the table. He is trying to constructively negotiate and trying to ensure self determination, human rights and a better future for all Cubans. You refuse to see that point but you and others here behave as though Obama created this embargo and as if he owes Fidel a damn thing. If a relationship is as bad as this one is, it cant get better if both parties dont work constructively together to improve it.

Comment

How this fool fool chi chi man argument come into this discussion? Nobody in this discussion embraces that stuff. You are obviusly not serious about this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Westman View Post
                            How this fool fool chi chi man argument come into this discussion? Nobody in this discussion embraces that stuff. You are obviusly not serious about this topic.
                            who ah talk to you likkle man?? Why not ask Assasin how Spongebob come into the argument?

Ease off.

Comment

Why get simple and personal? He did mention sponge bob but he did not take the serious discussion to a low level. By the way you cannot ease me off or shut me up. Last time I checked, I thought this was a place for serious adult discussion and it is an open foum. When people resort to being personal it simply means they dont have any cogent arguments to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Westman View Post
                                I cant believe you can see the evil in the embargo but cannot see the ruthlessness and evil in teh Castro regime. Obama aint begging anything. I cant beleive a big sensible person cannot understnad and respect political reality. For the first time, a US president has the courage and spends the political capital to engage Cuba and express the desire to normalize relations and put everything on the table. He is trying to constructively negotiate and trying to ensure self determination, human rights and a better future for all Cubans. You refuse to see that point but you and others here behave as though Obama created this embargo and as if he owes Fidel a damn thing. If a relationship is as bad as this one is, it cant get better if both parties dont work constructively together to improve it.

You need to work on your comprehension fellow. Or at least recognize that people can have different emphases or perspectives than those you favour.

Yes I have stated that US policy is a failure and needs to be changed. I have also stated that Obama recognizes this and has made the first diplomatic moves.
                                I have further stated that the Cubans need to give Obama political cover to go further by making their own concessions.

I don't feel any compulsion to rehash Cuban failings... as you seem to... that's your choice. I concentrate on analysing US policy... that's my choice... since I pay US taxes.. not Cuban.

Is there something here you fail to understand?
                                I am not concerned with your agreement... but this should be clear enough for you to understand ... as well as render your emotional retorts to my post meaningless.

Comment

Working...
                                X