• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Tuesday!!!

Protests bring disorder to Corporate Area and St Catherine

Corey Robinson, Observer staff reporter
    Posted: 4/28/2009 12:04:12 PM
    POLICE are on high alert following several roadblocks across the Corporate Area and St Catherine, in protest against recent taxes imposed by the Government.

Officers from the St Andrew South Division have been busy since about 8:15 am, securing and clearing several roadblocks in that division.

One female motorist was reportedly slashed on the arm and her cellular phone stolen, when vandals broke into her vehicle at the intersection of Molynes Road and Washington Boulevard.

There, protesters lit an old overturned car and dumped heavy debris in the roadway. Fire-fighters have been called in to clear some of the litter. Police also said that a public passenger vehicle was also destroyed by stone throwing protesters.

“We got reports of gunshots firing and persons throwing stones about 8:00 am. We got here and have been trying to get the road cleared up again,” a senior officer on the scene told the Observer.

Several persons have also been arrested police said.

Police also confirmed reports on Bustamante Highway, near the Central Village community; on the Twickenham Park main road; and on Brunswick Avenue, all in Spanish Town, St Catherine. The cops also reported disturbances on Old Hope Road, in the vicinity of the Commissioner’s Office.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Again, let me state quite clearly, that I oppose any demonstration that disrupts business and affects production. High time now we stop trying to "get back at this govt. because dem did mess wid my govt. too."

When will it stop? Do we believe if this JLP govt. succeeds that will mean the end of our beloved PNP? And so what if that's the case? Jamaica needs to succeed! Tiyad a di pawperized living now!

Yes, I'm sober, HL. Nuh drink fram last week, Deh pon medication for that rash, you know, the one that...rahtid, a 12 o'clock arready?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Good post Mo. The cycle must be broken and now is the time. We have run out of 2nd chances.

We do now or suffer the consequences. Serious times everywhere.

Comment

Poor Mo - no drink, here's an alternative - take a whiff from a SPLIFF, just don't inhale
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

glad you talk it out cause yesterday there were some who believe is only JLP alone "mash up Jamaica".

I support peaceful protest, I will big up Al Sharpton and JFJ demonstration everytime but the warrior thing mi nuh inna it.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Whey di tiyah dem deh? Come down Capleton .. Burn Dem. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_Aqv9Ep69w
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Cycle ?

20 years is more like a pendulum..

Comment

whose fault was that? more oppty for you to block road!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I prefer you when you are sober Mosiah. The drinking (especially before 10:00am ) was not helping.

Continue to use the ointment for the rash...you'll be fine.

Now if you could jusss get yu bwoy under control.
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Gamma is doing fine. Thanks for caring!

And is not an ointment. Is a tablet. Di ointment nuh work suh well!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Could not afford the airfare for that..

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                        Could not afford the airfare for that..
                        Now dat yuh inna di trough... yuh can all buy plane fi yuhself! LOL!
                        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Yuh exposing yuhself Missa Telecoms..

Wi in post Paulwell era.. wi nah si dem heady trough days again.. yuh got lucky..

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                            Yuh exposing yuhself Missa Telecoms..

Wi in post Paulwell era.. wi nah si dem heady trough days again.. yuh got lucky..
                            Unfortunately I was never working hard on policy or any other issue for the government... otherwise I would probably agree with you.

Now is your big chance to feather your nest... make the best of it. If you don't your replacement will.
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Suh dem juss give yuh a place at di trough ?

Must have been genetic.. yuh lucky fi true..

Comment

Working...
                              X