Ralston Hyman a spit fire that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralston Hyman a spit fire that

the gov't a tax landlord now. Sometimes I have to wonder when they're serious and when they're joking.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

taxing them on income derived from rent? it was previously tax free?!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      taxing them on income derived from rent? it was previously tax free?!!!!
      People who got rental allowance as a part of their compensation. That part was tax free, I just found that out last week. What made sense now is that people would make the rental payment to a family member, like a wife just to beat the system. Now it nuh mattah ... yuh getting taxed.

Look like Karl right, this is a one term government.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        People who got rental allowance as a part of their compensation. That part was tax free, I just found that out last week. What made sense now is that people would make the rental payment to a family member, like a wife just to beat the system. Now it nuh mattah ... yuh getting taxed.

Look like Karl right, this is a one term government.
        Did I not say the governement would be doing exactly as they have done...with no rational look at the plight of the individual wage earner, the unemployed and underemployed and the flood of 'mouths' that the education institutions disgourge every summer...and then reap the wrath of the voters?

Yup! One term!
        Unless dem print di money & also lay the base for a properous the future.

mmm?
        Isn't it true that what they are now doing has been tried before? ...by Seaga after he took over from Manley?

Isn't it the same Lazie, among others, who claim if you do the same thing over and over you cannot expect to get a different answer?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yup! One term!

Comedy at best.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So if the PNP go in what them going to do?
            Mek we hear their plans, can't be the same old samo of the last 18 years.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
              Did I not say the governement would be doing exactly as they have done...with no rational look at the plight of the individual wage earner, the unemployed and underemployed and the flood of 'mouths' that the education institutions disgourge every summer...and then reap the wrath of the voters?

Yup! One term!

mmm?
              Isn't it true that what they are now doing has been tried before? ...by Seaga after he took over from Manley?

Isn't it the same Lazie, among others, who claim if you do the same thing over and over you cannot expect to get a different answer?
              Really? These measures were used by Seaga? Last I checked the Tax Reform report was submitted in 2003. Yuh talking bout print money, have you any idea the impact that would have on our economy? Or yuh just talking?

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                Yup! One term!

Comedy at best.
                You are one of those who think you work on making the heart healthy and ignore the lungs, liver, kidney, etc! That is not comedy, that is tragic! ...cause for a great sadness!

Are you a Republican?
                Thinking that Obama's running of the presses 24/7 means the funds cannot be sensibly employed and extremely well deployed/used at the same time?

Those Republicans...or should I say, you?...are a sad bunch!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                  Really? These measures were used by Seaga? Last I checked the Tax Reform report was submitted in 2003. Yuh talking bout print money, have you any idea the impact that would have on our economy? Or yuh just talking?
                  Possible much better than you! ...having been around to 'see' Italy (wheel barrow to cart the money to buy even a cup of coffee)...the Latin American countries years suffring from the effects of rampant inflation...the many African countries...and the our own run from the 60s through to now...and the beating our once USD5.00 to our J£1
                  to our now USD1.00 to our J$92.00

Comment

the difference is we have been printing money from the 70s till now.

It nuh better if we produce more and eat more of what we grow?

You think Obama can continue to print money the way he is doing now without us all feeling the effect? Even Obama himself acknowledge that.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                      the difference is we have been printing money from the 70s till now.

You think Obama can continue to print money the way he is doing now without us all feeling the effect? Even Obama himself acknowledge that.
                      Just leave out the repeat of we shall feel the effects of inflation! There is not one of us here who disputes that. It is like saying everyone if he or she lives long enough shall have problems. It is a given!

Let us deal with the currrent reality. There are peole 'dying now'...i.e. struggling to cope with their current economic realites. Saying to them

is a death sentence! They need food, shelter and the wherewithal to take care of children...family, now!

You must...the government show lead by action...on taking care of the immediate problems...and...big AND...TAKE CARE OF PUTTING IN THE BASE...THE FOUNDATION by and through all its departments - civil and quasi-government departments - at "production" that shall make tomorrow great!

Comment

you ever heard of Zimbabwe?

It should teach us all a lesson, Printing money don't stop starvation. Some will argue it is the part of the cause unless you a go print fake US and EU currency.

Comment

Mi seh Golding fi offer the Govt to Portia now now!

She woulda run weh so fast.

This is not a job anyone should want now.

Comment

Yuh obviously nuh know poltiicians. Nuh matter how bad it is, it better dem in deh, dan outta road!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Oh I know, just being sarcastic.

BUT if dem was logical....

BTW, where is your PM???

Comment

Working...
                              X