RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I was listening to an old standard...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I was listening to an old standard...

The song SAILING, by Christopher Cross.

Its not far down to Paradise
    At least its not for me
    If the wind is right we can sail away
    Find Tranquility
    Oh, the canvas can do miracles
    Just you wait and see
    Believe me.

Its not far to Never-never land
    No reason to pretend
    If the wind is right we can find the joy
    Of innocence again
    Oh, the canvas can do miracles
    Just you wait and see
    Believe me.

Enchanting lyrics.

However, my point is we live on an island and most cant swim (me included) and NEVER will enjoy such simple and obvious soul-satifying pleasures. As Bob seh in his lyrics "They make the world so hard, everyday we got to keep on fighting...everyday the people are dying". He also sez "Wake up and live yah".

It occurs to me that we are so busy being sucked into the rat race, so busy letting the sytem control us that we dont even see what should be obvious.

Why dont we have more industry based on what we have...like water??? Why isnt all things sailing, boating, canoeing, a larger part of our economy supporting jobs based and real demand? Why dont we have a small nautical industy? Arent we the living in the ultimate pirate/buccaneer destination?

I think we dont see the forest for the trees. I think that daily opportunity stares us in the face and we are blind to it.

End of rant.

Well the first thing is we have fi change our mentality that is destroying us.

We don't have small business, weh have hustlers. We don't work for pay instead we "eat a food". Everything "a just runnings" or a so the thing set. We don't look for the small things that works and grow on it instead we laugh at someone when they try to perform or come up w ith something different. It is so much easier to dump garbage in the river rather than cook a pot and clean it up. There has t ob be change.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

well, sailing is overrated unless to trying to get from point A to point B and it is the most convenient way....th 10 - 15 foot swells ain't no fun!

call it a shared ancestral history......mi nuh like the big ship sailing on the ocean lifestyle at tall tall tall...

end of MY rant!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Well yuh naw go find tranquility with 10 ft swells!

Yuh must know when to go out man!

Calm seas we a deal with.

BTW, big ship nuh sail anymore, its all motorized force now.

Comment

Wow Assasin...your writing sound inspired.....
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Read your piece above Willi...excellent musing!!

Bob also sang: "in the abundance of water the fool is thirsty...."
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

he also sang "crazy baldhead" ..... so what?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

BTW are the above quotes the words of a "lyricist" or a "songwriter?"

Willi, there is a boatbuilding industry in T&T; I'm guessing maybe about 3 or 4 small companies...Exile could probably tell you the exact number, and about 6 + marinas that do a thriving trade especially during the hurricane season...given T&T's location outside the hurricane belt.

And as for swimming... I'm thankful for a two weeks at the Y (in JA) and also the fact that JC had (do they still have it?) a pool...by the end of my first form year every single boy in my class except one who had a deathly fear of water, could swim .
                Last edited by Peter R; April 1, 2009, 11:02 PM.
                Peter R

Comment

Working...
                X