RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I heard Vybes Cartel for the first time!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is your original statement

"Kartel slack and really sing some things I don't rate , but he is one of the greatest lyricist in Jamaica's history."

one of the greatest lyricist my foot.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

He is good at writing Nusery rhymes.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

what about Wild Gilbert. Is that the only Lovindeer song you know?

Comment

One of the greatest lyricist.

Kindly stop tell me foolishness bout how much verse him write in the dancehall tune dem. That has nothing to do with anything.

What is nursery rhymes? Lovindeer, LOL

Comment

A next man say Capleton to rhatid.

LOL

Dancehall comedy today.

Comment

the difference is Lovindeer not only write Nusery rhymes but actually some very good songs with sense as well.

Kartel have fi leave outa the nursery rhyme stage if he intended to be taken as a good lyricist. That is another level all togather.

Comment

Is that the criteria setby the Fact Based Lyrics Association

What doesn't make sense about his songs?

Comment

you hear mi say it nuh mek no sense?

The fact is they are mainly rhymes which can be limiting at times.

Comment

You make a distinction between nursery rhymes and songs with sense.
                    Now what is limiting about Kartel? Is there an issue if him lyrics will rhyme?

Anyhow let me kick back and gwaan listen classic old time songs like "wha the chiney man eat, pop chow, zeen, hear mi now"

LOL

Comment

Which good lyricist put that inna them song?

What are you comparing Kartel too?

It is like comparing a serious writer to a comic book writer.

gwaan fool yourself, Kartel is one of the greatest Jamaican lyricist.

Comment

one of your artiste use to go perform that.

Again, what is limiting about his style. He has joke songs, love tunes, gun tunes, reality tunes and all sorts of different tunes.

Sounds more like you have your own issues taking him seriously, as opposed to anything to do with nursery rhymes (a category Junior Reid excels in)

Comment

Post some of vybz best lyrics please... we can see how it stack up
                          Peter R

Comment

Why are you mixing genre's?

Comment

Me said: VK is one of the greatest lyricists in Jamaican history... didn't specify dance hall or otherwise. I would agree he is probably the greatest when it comes to slack lyrics.
                              Peter R

Comment

How them stack up. Kartel already recognized in Jamaica as having better lyrics.

You can go back to Capleton "Granny a lover days" up to him "wha di wha dis wha dis " days.

Comment

Working...
                                X