RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X, Tram Cars are worthwhile investment...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X, Tram Cars are worthwhile investment...

Especially now.

Tram cars greatly impacted me for the first time when i visited Prague in the Czeck Republic (3-4 years ago).

The city was not congested with cars; the air appeared clean and smog free...

The limited research that I did showed ~352 million riders in 2007...

Прага трамвай (46)

Пражский трамвай

Прага трамвай (49)

Пражский трамвай

The city of Edinburgh Scotland are in the final stages of launching their tram car system:

Edinburgh's trams are being presented as a clean, green alternative to cars and buses in the capital.
    So, do the claims stack up?
    The Edinburgh trams will run on electricity

Modern electric trams may not be an obvious source of pollution, but it all depends on how the electricity is made.
    Then there is the question of how many motorists will be prepared to get out of their cars. As you would expect, the company set up to build them says trams will be an attractive option.

I guess my point is X, i would love to see the land of my birth begin to make bold economic moves for development and job creation.

ALPART will be closing. I think they should respond by seeing this and other crisis as opportunity.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Keep in mind that you are looking at
    a stronger economy. Ja, at present does not have the resources to support electric tram cars. Firstly; Ja needs to address its present education system (where it's being retooled to address the info age) where the general population can be assets.

We can then move to the gravy of tram cars when Ja has a vibrant middle income group (this not be achieved in a plantocracy though).

Comment

ssssup King Jawge?

HL

Comment

ah mek a quick pass through
        sah. Everyting criss?

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
          Especially now.

Tram cars greatly impacted me for the first time when i visited Prague in the Czeck Republic (3-4 years ago).

The city was not congested with cars; the air appeared clean and smog free...

The limited research that I did showed ~352 million riders in 2007...

Прага трамвай (46)

Пражский трамвай

Прага трамвай (49)

Пражский трамвай

The city of Edinburgh Scotland are in the final stages of launching their tram car system:

Edinburgh's trams are being presented as a clean, green alternative to cars and buses in the capital.
          So, do the claims stack up?
          The Edinburgh trams will run on electricity

Modern electric trams may not be an obvious source of pollution, but it all depends on how the electricity is made.
          Then there is the question of how many motorists will be prepared to get out of their cars. As you would expect, the company set up to build them says trams will be an attractive option.

The

Very pretty scenes. But...

What is the capital cost of reinstituting an electric tramway in the Kingston Metro Region or other urban areas? What is the annual carrying/maintenance cost?
          My guesstimate is that the costs would be phenomenal while not sparking any local industrial development.... this is an inappropriate development model for Jamaica.

And your query.... will people abandon their false symbols of social status to take public transportation?
          Not in the numbers necessary to make it viable.... imho.

Pollution would be lessened and trams are more fuel efficient vs buses... but the electricity would still have to be generated somewhere... and probably by continuing to burn imported hydrocarbons.

Jamaica is better off pursuing alternatives where it may have a comparative and locally sourced advantage... ie bio fuels based on sugarcane or other local organic and renewable matter like municipal waste.

Our personal and commercial vehicles should be converted to mainly run on biofuels... say over 20 years.... Just as Brazil has done.... reducing hydrocarbon imports and creating/renewing local industry like the cane industry.

We have the solutions close at hand.

All that we need is intelligent, visionary public policy... which unfortunately, in Jamaica ....is a contradiction in terms.
          Last edited by Don1; March 20, 2009, 04:06 PM.
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Evry ting criss Sah.

Dare to dream Jawge...dare to dream!

HL

Comment

Sidebar:

I still maintain that rebuilding the train tracks from Kingston to MoBay is another worthwhile investment!

The advantages would fill this page>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Your last sentence is poignant.

HL

Comment

Working...
              X