My contribution for the day:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A long time HL a wait fi di apology, start writing
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Thank you for awaking everyone from thier nostalgic trip down memory lane.

I suspect that if they had photos in the 1700s there would be some beautiful scenes of the Jamaican slavery plantations too.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

This info is excellent, and mi gween save and send it out to sum frens.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

timely. mi wasn't going to seh anything.......i'm glad you did because upon reflection i should have.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

We can have it all.

Social progress, material progress, all overlaid on the solid foundation of SPIRITUAL progress.

Comment

No, I don't know of any tram station. But if we did just go ahead and make a museum of the present train station, why not throw in a few replica trams there too?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The Arawak Museum is probably now the Taino Museum. Not sure if it still exists, but I suspect it's still there in Central Village. But who goes there? That is one ants nest that most of us would not be caught dead going into.

Well, look at that! I love museums too.

Why is this feeling like eHarmony?!?

Snap out of it, Mosiah!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Nice article and pictures but
                  a lot more is there that neds to be drawn to the surface. Don1 scratched at it.

Comment

Bwoy I can remember riding the trains to and from work up to about '89. After the trains went out of service, I was forced to commute by bus between Kingston and Spanish Town. That was a most horrible experience. I had to walk from Kind Street to Industrial Terrace to catch a bus to town to go back to Spanish Town. The bus depot in Spanish Town square was like an ants nest - full of thieves. I mastered the art of boarding these buses and taxis. You had to be nimble on your feet to get to your destinations on time. Eventually when I bought a car, I would bypass driving through the town all together. The town was always over-crowded with both pedestrians and vehicular traffic. I remember one very rainy day (if one drop of rain fell, the town would be flood with its antiquated drainage system) a friend and I were heading home through the town only to see him disappear into the sidewalk. He fell into one of the open manholes on the sidewalk! Spanish Town..............aaaawww bwoy ~sigh~. The trains.....aaawwww bwoy....~sigh~. Jamaica, Land We Love....aaaaawww bwoy.......~sigh~.
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

You bringing back memories. I was taking the bus in Kgn in those days myself.

Rule #1 was that the bus is ALWAYS empty and you need fe move down inna the bl$*$cl**t passage.

Try keep you money inna you front pocket, me lose money fighting to get on the bus more than once.

Frequently there would be a confrontation between two passengers and every so often after debating who was the bigger p***sy for a few minutes it would lead to a fight. Then if fighting to get INTO the bus was not bad enough, try fighting to get OUT around two people trying to stab each other!

Jamaica, Land We Love fe true.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

To this I still find it amazing how the 'ductors use to move from the bus door steps to the very back of the bus and back to collect fares. Before the bus would move off the bus stop, the 'ductor would go outside the bus, push his head through one of the back windows, and tell the passengers to "small up yuhself" and move down to the back of the bus so that more people can get on. Sardine tins couldn't pack like one of those "quarter millions". About two or three times me get me pocket picked. I learned how to control my body temperature so that i wasn't sweating like a pig at the end of my ride. Not to mention if somebody farted.....sheeeettt!!!!
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          No, I don't know of any tram station. But if we did just go ahead and make a museum of the present train station, why not throw in a few replica trams there too?
                          I agree with you on the museum with the photos blown up and text to go. I was under the impression that it was Chi Chi White bus company that cause the Tram to come off the line, similar to what happen in Los Angelese, do you know how the name Chi Chi White came about.

Some people here never knew when Kingston was a major tourist and cruiseship destination, plus the waterfront was busy with sailors, sad to say Kingston is the only capitol city that is not a tourist destination, and there is so much to work with.

Comment

Suffarah's heights really!

Comment

"Small up yuhself" Heh heh. Me did feget dat one!

Is like all a dem did go the same 'ducta school.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                                To this I still find it amazing how the 'ductors use to move from the bus door steps to the very back of the bus and back to collect fares. Before the bus would move off the bus stop, the 'ductor would go outside the bus, push his head through one of the back windows, and tell the passengers to "small up yuhself" and move down to the back of the bus so that more people can get on. Sardine tins couldn't pack like one of those "quarter millions". About two or three times me get me pocket picked. I learned how to control my body temperature so that i wasn't sweating like a pig at the end of my ride. Not to mention if somebody farted.....sheeeettt!!!!
                                Any seat lef?

'ow yuh mean baass? Nuff standin' seat in deh!
                                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X