• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Republicans nah feel Mr. Steele?

Steele forced to clarify abortion stance
    Posted: 10:33 AM ET

From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Steele's recent comments on abortion did not sit well with some Republicans (GETTY IMAGES)
    (CNN) — Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele — already under fire from some in the GOP over his turbulent first month at the helm of the party — looked to ease conservative concerns Thursday over his comments suggesting abortion is an "individual choice."
    "I am pro-life, always have been, always will be," Steele said in a statement. "I tried to present why I am pro life while recognizing that my mother had a 'choice' before deciding to put me up for adoption. I thank her every day for supporting life. The strength of the pro life movement lies in choosing life and sharing the wisdom of that choice with those who face difficult circumstances."
    On Wednesday, GQ magazine published a recent interview with Steele on its Web site, during which the RNC chairman called abortion a "choice" and said the matter should be left up to the states to decide.
    "I think that’s an individual choice," he said of abortion, adding that he thinks Roe v. Wade was a "wrongly decided matter."
    "The states should make that choice. That’s what the choice is. The individual choice rests in the states. Let them decide."
    The comments haven't sat well with some conservative activists, and Steele has reportedly reached out to several in order ease concerns on his abortion stance.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

I believe he is a good man. A little misguided, but a good and bright man. He is good for the Republican party. But is the Republican party good for him?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

...misguided because you do not agree wid his politics...?
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Yes.

What?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
        X