Bono and U2's Reggae Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
    If you dont know anything about U2 or dont care for their music just say so but dont spout arrant nonsense like you posted above, it really diminishes you.
    U2 is not about record sales any fool knows that...just go to UTube or anywhere you want info and learn some thing.
    I hear you are a journalist so I expected you to have some capacity for reading comprehension. This response of yours negates that assumption.

I said or intimated the following:

1. U2 is a big group with mega record sales
    2. Bono is a high profile individual recognized for good works..he has access to politicians and officials who are influenced by him
    3. Bob Marley transcends music and politicians to the point of being a worldwide icon
    4. Bob Marley has far more cultural impact than Bono/U2 despite their good works and huge record sales

Now one can disagree with my views.... but at least one should comprehend them before rendering an opinion.

You clearly fail to comprehend... then again what else can one expect from the typical Jamaican journalist.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Damn you really are pathetic
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Sure go ahead and attack all you want - you still are an idiot.
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Sure go ahead and attack all you want - you still are an idiot.
          Coming from the likes of you... I consider that a compliment.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Damn you really are pathetic
            Sickko, I always found your name to be appropriate.

Comment

Have you gone mad ? U2 bigger than Bob marley and Reggae ? based on what fact ? That they had a multi million dollar album once in thier lives and it impacted a pop audience for probably a year on the number 1 charts ,by the way which charts and in which countries was it number 1 on which continent ,because I am sure it didnt reach number one in Africa and the third world compared to Bobs and many reggae Artist whom have done the latter and have had more influence in greater struggles i.e Aparthied.Bob role and influence cannot be understated or over stated it wasnt paved in Gold like these guys , he brought a forgein music (third world) and made it acceptable to mainstream.These guys are trying to break into mainstream with mainstream music. The same can be said of dancehall as it contnues to make inroads into popular culture .

The fact that his influence continues to grow after his death says it all.The movie Legend was nothing less than a Bob marley inspired film centered on his belief that one man can make a difference , so can one music .Reggae!

The fact is that U2’s audience and record buying public has been much larger than that of any reggae artist, including Bob Marley! (Bob’s “Legend” album achieved the immense success it did after many years of sales.) So, simply put, Bono and U2 do not need any accompanying artist to boost in any way the sales of their products. If, for example, they did pure country music tomorrow, they would NOT need a country artist to put any form of input in.
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                Have you gone mad ? U2 bigger than Bob marley and Reggae ? based on what fact ? That they had a multi million dollar album once in thier lives and it impacted a pop audience for probably a year on the number 1 charts ,by the way which charts and in which countries was it number 1 on which continent ,because I am sure it didnt reach number one in Africa and the third world compared to Bobs and many reggae Artist whom have done the latter and have had more influence in greater struggles i.e Aparthied.Bob role and influence cannot be understated or over stated it wasnt paved in Gold like these guys , he brought a forgein music (third world) and made it acceptable to mainstream.These guys are trying to break into mainstream with mainstream music. The same can be said of dancehall as it contnues to make inroads into popular culture .

The fact that his influence continues to grow after his death says it all.The movie Legend was nothing less than a Bob marley inspired film centered on his belief that one man can make a difference , so can one music .Reggae!

The fact is that U2’s audience and record buying public has been much larger than that of any reggae artist, including Bob Marley! (Bob’s “Legend” album achieved the immense success it did after many years of sales.) So, simply put, Bono and U2 do not need any accompanying artist to boost in any way the sales of their products. If, for example, they did pure country music tomorrow, they would NOT need a country artist to put any form of input in.
                Dem nuh reach di right consciousness yet boss. Babylon have dem konfused.

Comment

Not sure where you get your facts about U2 having a mulit-million dollar album once in thier lives. U2 has sold over 140 million albums, more than any band in history. They are BIG, mega BIG. 23 grammys and at least 10 platinum albums.

I am not going to argue that U2 is "bigger" than Bob, it depends on the parameters you use. Personally I think Bob has been a more influential artiste culturally but U2 musically is without question one of the greatest bands in history.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

How facts come into this ?

Wi talking bout conciousness..

Heh, heh.. Unnuh gwaan argue with Don1. juss don't take him seriously.. great comic relief yes.. but not much beyond that.. any casual reader of this site would have site dat rake long time..

Comment

historian... nice thread yuh start... reading through the posts dem... have to say that i am in agreement with don1's opinion... both of you make good points though...

wish we all could reason without the personal attacks... dem diminish the thread...
                      'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Working...
                      X