The death of BitTorrent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The death of BitTorrent?

The people who run the massive BitTorrent site Pirate Bay (thepiratebay.org) are going on trial for copyright violations next week in Stockholm, Sweden.
    BitTorrent is a popular peer-to-peer file sharing protocol which is widely used to share large media files like television shows, movies and music.
    TorrentFreak has an interesting article which quotes Raynor Vliegendhart of the Tribler P2P team at Delft University of Technology, who believes that the Pirate Bay’s servers support as much as 50 percent of all the BitTorrent traffic on the Internet.
    So the general belief is if they go down for any extended time — or, God forbid, permanently — it could have a huge impact on torrenters everywhere, including leading to the failure of other trackers (sites that coordinate the sharing process) due to overload.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

This would definitely be a disaster, i would have to start paying to go to the movies and try to find a tv every monday night at 9 to watch prison break, oh hell no!!

Comment

for prison break...

www.tvtorrents.com

Comment

Maybe I'll have enough time to finish downloading the 20Gigs of Allo Allo the complete series i have running in UTorrent

50% of Charges Against Pirate Bay Dropped

Written by enigmax on February 17, 2009 There has been high drama on the second day of the Pirate Bay trial. Due to serious shortcomings in the prosecution evidence, around 50% of the charges in the case are going to have to be withdrawn. The defense describes it as a ’sensation’, seeing half of the charges being dropped on the second day.

http://torrentfreak.com/50-of-charge...ropped-090217/

Comment

Working...
        X