No announcement yet.

is true seh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cho rahtid man. You should down a the dock of the bay chugging some red stripe right about now....watching tourists getting jipped.
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

bwoy lazie... are you serious... who nuh know etta james... 'at last' is one of the top 100 songs of ALL TIME... iz nuff people wedding song...

betta yuh seh YUH neva know who she iz... dat is quite alright... nuhbady cant know every singer... de statement yuh mek is ridiculous, tuh say the least...
      'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

assasin, i think more is being made of her outburst... from what i hear, she wasn't serious...

still, although her version is arguably the most popular, personally, i much prefer nat king cole's version... saying that, i am not taking anything away from her version because it was well done...
        'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
          bwoy lazie... are you serious... who nuh know etta james... 'at last' is one of the top 100 songs of ALL TIME... iz nuff people wedding song...

betta yuh seh YUH neva know who she iz... dat is quite alright... nuhbady cant know every singer... de statement yuh mek is ridiculous, tuh say the least...
          As I said before, I for one thought she was dead. It simple, ... ask any passerby if they knew who Etta James was prior to her outburst?
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I thought Beyonce butchered the song, and despite Etta James' version not being the original,Beyonce's reminds me of hers(Etta's), ergo...

Blessed

Comment

First, let's talk about one of the most unlikely celebrity feuds in all of music, the one that exploded this week between legendary jazz singer Etta James and the woman who played Etta in Cadillac Records, Beyonce. Now, we're not sure if Etta was displeased with Beyonce's portrayal of her in that film, but we are sure that she was unhappy with Beyonce's performance of the classic Etta song "At Last" at Barack Obama's inauguration last month. Etta made her displeasure abundantly clear last Wednesday, when--before performing "At Last" at Seattle's Paramount Theater--she launched into a shocking anti-Beyonce tirade.

"You know that woman he had singing for him, singing my song, she's going to get her a** whipped," Etta declared, before she then verbally attacked President Obama himself, referring to him as "your president...the one with the big ears," and adding, "He's not my president." Etta also said she "could not stand" Beyonce.

I think she is highly disrespectful. If this report is true she need to get a grip. Yes if she have a problem with how her song is sung that is ok but this is disrespectful, what did Obama do?
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
              X