RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

it should be a life sentence to litter like this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it should be a life sentence to litter like this.

Everton Henry, track supervisor at Caymanas Track Limited, points out a heavily polluted drain to (from left) Spanish Town Mayor Andrew Wheatley; Councillor Camile Buchanan (JLP - Gregory Park Division), and Portmore Mayor Keith Hinds during a tour of the track yesterday. (Photos: Bryan Cummings)

I remember when this drain was clean and well kept. This drain behind Caymanas Park.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

HA! Den a straight gallows fi some odda gulleys!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

it is a shame. Walking through Ochie. There is a little stream that run close to a few hotels(won't call any name now) but it is fill with garbage and I am wondering if the hotels and its neigbours who are so concern about about tourism and its income couldn't organize a clean up and make a commitment to keep it clean.

Man talk bout crime rate but our dirty habits are killing us and it is bigger turn off than our crime rate. No many tourist will witness a murder but many will see our dirty drains and will feel the pest that results from these garbage. We don't need to SPruce up nothing, we need fi clean Jamaica.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I know the little gully, and there is a bridge to get you to one of the bigger hotels in Ochi. Without a doubt, tourists see the garbage and must be disgusted.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

sed one.

Comment

I don't know if this would work in Jamaica, but here in Wisconsin, the county sherriff is responsibile for running local jails.

The sherriff in one county has a program where low-risk, non-violent inmates get their sentences reduced in exchange for performing odd jobs throughout the county.

For one day of work, the sherriff takes one day off the sentence.

Therefore, jail inmates can have their setences cut in half in exchange for work.

Taxpayers save money from the costs incurred of housing a prisoner.

Comment

In JA dem wo'od run weh fuss day and have NO sentence at all.

Seriously, it is not a bad idea and well worth a try.

Schools programmes should begin at the earliest age to introduce "tourism" in the social studies or whichever the most appropriate subject area... hell, make it a subject all of it's own, especially at the High School level. While keeping the country clean should be first and foremost for our own well-being, putting it in an economic context might help.

I also believe that every fast food and take out place, should be charged a waste disposal tax...very small but just as a reminder that everyone including the shopkeeper/restaurateurs should be part of the education campaign. Barbados is very clean, Trinidad is very bad probably on par with Jamaica. Exile would know better than I.
              Peter R

Comment

Working...
              X