X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillary Clinton promises closer link with Caribbean

Hillary Clinton promises closer link with Caribbean

Thursday, January 22, 2009

WASHINGTON, USA - Secretary of State-designate of the United States, Hillary Clinton, says she is hopeful of forging closer links and working relations with the Caribbean region.
    Clinton, who was confirmed by the US Senate in a 94-2 vote yesterday, was speaking with Jamaica's Ambassador to Washington, Anthony Johnson at a diplomatic reception at Washington Union Station on Tuesday night, hours after the historic inauguration ceremony of Barack Obama as the 44th President of the United States. Former President Bill Clinton was also in attendance.
    Clinton said she expected to deepen engagement with foreign countries as part of the effort to bring about more productive relations with America's trading partners.
    At the same time, Former President Bill Clinton said that he had been observing the progress being made against HIV/AIDS in the Caribbean and was pleased that his charitable foundation had made a contribution in that area.
    He lauded the outstanding performance of the Jamaican athletes at the Beijing Olympics, pointing out that he was particularly impressed with triple gold medallist Usain Bolt.
    The former US president said he had never seen an athlete perform so superbly, in terms of form, style, and acceleration, and predicted even greater things for the young athlete in the future. He said he hoped that he could meet Bolt when he comes to Jamaica.
    He added that he was a great admirer of Jamaica and had thoroughly enjoyed his past visits to the island.
    Ambassador Johnson assured the Clintons that they were always welcome to visit Jamaica and thanked the former US leader for the assistance he had provided to the country in the past.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

"He lauded the outstanding performance of the Jamaican athletes at the Beijing Olympics, pointing out that he was particularly impressed with triple gold medallist Usain Bolt.
    The former US president said he had never seen an athlete perform so superbly, in terms of form, style, and acceleration, and predicted even greater things for the young athlete in the future. He said he hoped that he could meet Bolt when he comes to Jamaica."

Mosiah deh bout?

Time fi arrange a meeting and raise Bolt profile. HL deh bout
    Last edited by Assasin; January 22, 2009, 06:33 PM.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

..bowy i deh bout; but me wudda prefah if she had lauded the Island on it's overall growth and development...
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

true still.

Comment

Bill we gats some pretty girls in Jamaica, and that should be an incentive for you to visit our island.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Since when Bill care bout looks??? LoL

Comment

Working...
            X