Good Example Brucie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Example Brucie

The Government has scraped plans to purchase a new official vehicle for Prime Minister Bruce Golding.

Jamaica House issued a statement Wednesday night in which it said the Ministry of National Security did not get the go-ahead to purchase a 2008 Audi A8 motor car to transport the Prime Minister.

A Government report also released by the Office of the Contractor General on Wednesday revealed that a contract award was endorsed by the National Contracts Commission last month for the acquisition of the new car valued at J$5.1 million.

But Information Minister Olivia ‘Babsy' Grange told RJR News that in December, Prime Minister Golding had in fact turned down the order.

"The Prime Minister gave instructions form early December for the order to be cancelled and people should know that he has been travelling in a 1993 Volvo and he will continue to do although it has broken down on him six times already," she said.

Mr. Golding has also issued further instructions concerning public expenditure for Government Ministers.

In a letter issued on Monday, Mr. Golding instructed that there is to be no expenditure on official vehicles or official residences for Government Ministers during this year except for essential maintenance.
    My question is don't these people work? As long as the country is in debt you purchase your own vehicle and house and the like. Which corporation in the red would provide these things for upper management? Well besides the Big Three and the banks and...okay this aint going too well but you get my point

Bruce will do that, but what about the other ministers? What are they driving at our expense?

And dem still all have dem farin health insurance!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

yeah what about the other ministers who were quick to order them expensive government cars when the JLP won.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

BMW's

And what about those luxurious BMW's that were purchased during the Cricket tournament? Which civil servant, ministry or private citizen got them
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

yes, what about them?

very good question!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            yeah what about the other ministers who were quick to order them expensive government cars when the JLP won.
            They should be chided. Their actions should in no way take away from Brucie's symbolic act

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
              They should be chided. That should in no way take away from Brucie's symbolic act
              Yuh nuh know say yuh a waste yuh time? Bettah yuh did post sey Bruce say Bangarang ...
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

If I remember correctly they were available for sale free of duty to all but government officials, employees and family members of the CWC officials, employees or family members of Stewart's Motors.

Comment

I dont agree Brickie, Orett Bruce Golding IS the Prime Minister of the country and he should get a car purchased by the government as befitting his high office.

I however dont agree that they should spend that money on a car unless of course it is bullet proofed etc.

The 16 year-old Volvo that the PM's office has need to go and it is a shame that it has broken down more than once with PJ, Portia and now Bruce.

Get the damn man a decent brand spanking new car.
                  Last edited by Sickko; January 22, 2009, 03:00 PM.
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                    I dont agree Brickie, Orett Bruce Golding IS the Prime Minister of the country and he should get a car purchased by the government as befitting his high office.

I however dont agree that they should spend that money on a car unless of course it is bullet proofed etc.

The 16 year-old Volvo that the PM's office has need to go and it is a shame that it has broken down more than once with PJ, Portia and now Bruce.

Get the damn man a decent brand spanking new car.
                    Good point. But an AUDI A8? How about a Hyundai Elantra at 5x less the cost anf cheaper to service?

Comment

He don't need no Audi A8 as official PM vehicle! Damn banana republic!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                        Good point. But an AUDI A8? How about a Hyundai Elantra at 5x less the cost anf cheaper to service?
                        A Camry should be ideal! Mi nuh see the need fi a car that cost U$64,000.
                        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

agreed! a camry, fully loaded!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

loaded wid what?
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Damn skippy!

Comment

Working...
                              X