X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
    But...dang she look good!
    dat she does!
    ...but I disagree with my young friend, X, here...she sings!

...and have to agree with MdMex and X she does form the fool at times with those two lines nonsense!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

That's it bredrin, Comparing Bary J Blige to Beyonce is a big time dis... as from now on you should be banned from any dicussion about singing.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
        I wouldn't say she cannot sing though. She is a decent singer, not great but decent. I agree her songs are generally lightweight.

I thought she did a good enough job with the song at the inauguration ball. I expect that the video of her singing while the Obamas danced will be one of the highlights of that historic day 50 years from now.
        bettah ope a nuh "Milli Villi" moves? ...but hit did soun good!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Jah know X mi lose offa yuh star! It's like yuh and some forumites below drink some serious haterade...How unna a dis beyonce dem way deh? I happen to think that beyonce is a very classy, talented, extremely beautiful and great singer(entertainer). Just keep wowing them Miss B, you are on top for a reason.

Comment

Jah know X mi lose offa yuh star! It's like yuh and some forumites below drink some serious haterade...How unna a dis beyonce dem way deh? I happen to think that beyonce is a very classy, talented, extremely beautiful and great singer(entertainer). Just keep wowing them Miss B, you are on top for a reason.

Comment

classy, some talent, pretty and a decent singer

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Come now Gamma, we know they are ALL marketed...I find her more appealing than most... I don't know (or care) whether say Shakira is "marketed" either but she also looks and moves damn good too.
                Peter R

Comment

some are marketed more than others....e.g. she is not as talented as alicia keys...no way no how....i don't think that she is even as beautiful as alicia keys but i realise that is subjective...

beyonce is "cute" but well marketed.

i dn't have anything against her or her success but she just doesn't have a "ravability" factor for me...sorry...just being honest.

britney spears was another one..WHY?!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Cho Gamma, Britney was on a another level in terms of being a marketed pop product. There was/is nothing there of substance, on or off the stage.

Nobody over 20 yo has ever thought Britney was much of a talent. Christina Augillera on the other hand, is a pretty good singer, MUCH better than Britney. Beyonce is also more talented in every way than Britney.

Alicia Keyes now, I am with you totally on that. She is one of the FEW artistes of her generation that I would buy her album without hearing many of the songs beforehand, because she ALWAYS produces a top quality product. I cannot think of a better singer/songwriter of her generation.

I find her more attractive than Beyonce too, for me I think its because I find her to display a more natural (for want of a better word) kind of beauty than Beyonce. Alicia just seems like a more easy going, not overly concerened with looks, kind of girl.
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

i was trying to remember the aguliera girl name...she has beauty and talent and BACK!!

mi mostly agree wid yuh...mi still nuh think beyonce all that special....shi better than the spears girl, who desite having 2 children, is probaly still claiming to be a virgin!

Comment

of the current crop of pop idols I'd agree that Alicia is a Goddess with definitely more talent all round than Beyonce... me gusta mucho Shakira.... Britney Spears was definitely a marketable commodity to the teenie boppers, much like the boy bands and the current crop of Disney channel creations. Rihanna is okay; again marketed well.

At the end of the day when I want to hear really good "soul" or R&B I revert to the classics; Aretha Franklyn, Roberta Flack, Nina Simone et al.
                        Peter R

Comment

Etta James version is the most powerful I must say.
                          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                          X