Obama's first challenge: Keeping the Bidens bridled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama's first challenge: Keeping the Bidens bridled

Obama did a great job of building rapport with the Chief Justice today, but then there was Biden, who was unable to leave the senate behind and think of his new role and how he might need the vote of the Chief Justice and the need to show some class. He has done this other times since his nimination. His wife opened her mouth and said much too much the other day. Them need fi know when fi shut the hell up. Obama was really ****************ed off today. But it is just beginning. I bet Hillary would not have done any of these things.

Biden's swipe at Justice Roberts irritates Obama

By Yael T. Abouhalkah, Kansas City Star Editorial Page columnist
    Don't envy President Barack Obama as he tries to keep VP Joe Biden's lips zipped.
    At a swearing-in ceremony Wednesday for senior White House staff members, Biden joked about Chief Justice John Roberts' flubbing of the inaugural oath on Wednesday.
    A tight-lipped Obama looked on as Biden made his comments, which drew a few oohs and ahhs from the crowd of staff.
    Obama didn't smile at Biden's remarks. He even moved to push Biden to get to the podium and get on with the task at hand.
    Watch the video here.
    I'm encouraged by Obama's actions Wednesday. They indicate he wants to be serious when necessary, and not make jokes at others' expenses when unnecessary.
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

They need to realise that he is not the President...but the servant of the president and must take his cue from the President.

The first attempt at a putdown of Barack is his silly public claims that he demanded that he be in the room and consulted on every single important decision the President makes.

It just maybe that his thoughts run to thinking "a who dis-yah...? Im must falla mi lead'????

He is acting the fool. ...or is it he is really a fool?

...as to the wife's comment on Hillary (and the president's private conversations with the then President-Elect) she is either a fool...playing the fool with her husband's 'go ahead' or a vicious fool? Neither being a good place to be.
    Last edited by Karl; January 22, 2009, 12:06 AM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

That was a bigger man gesture by Barack.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

fi real....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I kinda like Joe Biden. Our presidents...American presidents, and politicians in general, are sometimes too scripted. Every question is preceded by 10 seconds of thought as they try to remember what the manual says.

Okay, maybe Biden could take 5 seconds to think about his responses, but I doubt if any top level secrets will be revealed by the man even if he does answer from the top of his head.

The man clearly has a great sense of humour and not the silly, drunken, fratboy-type like George Bush.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Westman View Post
            Obama did a great job of building rapport with the Chief Justice today, but then there was Biden, who was unable to leave the senate behind and think of his new role and how he might need the vote of the Chief Justice and the need to show some class. He has done this other times since his nimination. His wife opened her mouth and said much too much the other day. Them need fi know when fi shut the hell up. Obama was really ****************ed off today. But it is just beginning. I bet Hillary would not have done any of these things.

Biden's swipe at Justice Roberts irritates Obama

By Yael T. Abouhalkah, Kansas City Star Editorial Page columnist
            Don't envy President Barack Obama as he tries to keep VP Joe Biden's lips zipped.
            At a swearing-in ceremony Wednesday for senior White House staff members, Biden joked about Chief Justice John Roberts' flubbing of the inaugural oath on Wednesday.
            A tight-lipped Obama looked on as Biden made his comments, which drew a few oohs and ahhs from the crowd of staff.
            Obama didn't smile at Biden's remarks. He even moved to push Biden to get to the podium and get on with the task at hand.
            Watch the video here.
            I'm encouraged by Obama's actions Wednesday. They indicate he wants to be serious when necessary, and not make jokes at others' expenses when unnecessary.
            People need fi lighten up! Its clear Biden was making a joke.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              I kinda like Joe Biden. Our presidents...American presidents, and politicians in general, are sometimes too scripted. Every question is preceded by 10 seconds of thought as they try to remember what the manual says.

Okay, maybe Biden could take 5 seconds to think about his responses, but I doubt if any top level secrets will be revealed by the man even if he does answer from the top of his head.

The man clearly has a great sense of humour and not the silly, drunken, fratboy-type like George Bush.
              Ditto!!!
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

perhaps...but he needs to take his cue from the president and if the presdient didn't like it that is ALL that matters.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                X