Just a thought. What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a thought. What do you think?

America put on an incredible show for the world today. The symbolism, pageantry, renewal, orderly transition, and promise of a great future are inspiring and send an incredible message to the world. For all the splendor of the Beijing Olympics and all the money spent on those games, the Chinese military must be enawed by this much more symbolic display, put on at a much, much more modest monetary cost, but with much richer and enduring ideals and accomplishment. By the way Britain, to you and your monarchy, you can't touch this!

Thirty or forty years from now, we will all be proud, as we hope the world will be proud, to tell youth of our experiences and where we were during this special day.
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

another great speech.....consistent. he is challenging us to hold him to his promises.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yeah yeah great show now mek sure I have a job tommorrow

Comment

I agree, it was a great show. The kind of presentation that displays what is best about America. I am glad I took the day off to watch the whole thing.

Today the hard work begins....
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

It is a great example of the smooth & orderly transition of power. Hopefully Jamaica's leaders & other third world leaders paid close attention to the cordial relationship & kind words from the new president to the old president and the significant cooperation during the transition period.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
            It is a great example of the smooth & orderly transition of power. Hopefully Jamaica's leaders & other third world leaders paid close attention to the cordial relationship & kind words from the new president to the old president and the significant cooperation during the transition period.
            Big difference. Barack and George "dun rich", how many aspirants to the highest office in Jamaica can say the same?

Comment

Suh pauperized leaders fi act like ole nawgaz then?
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                Suh pauperized leaders fi act like ole nawgaz then?
                No but just pointing out the difference. Every man wanna be stinking rich don't?

Comment

I doubt if this could compare to the crowning of a new monarch in Britain. The traditions there are too rich, going back several centuries. And placing a crown on someone's head might just beat placing a hand on a bible, even if it's Lincoln's. And throw in that British accent - mad a road!

I thought the speech was excellent, in content and delivery. I am not surprised that some "experts" think it was not a good speech because there weren't some memorable lines. How shallow! Even George Bush gave us, "you're either with us, or against us," - an asinine approach that took America's image down the tubes with his presidency.

I think in time, many lines of Barack's speech will become memorable, and not just a catch phrase for the press to run along with. For me, when he said, "We are Christians and Muslims..." that was significant, as he could have said it differently, but he covered his personal bases first, whether you liked it or not.

I'm happy the press pointed out that it was the Chief Justice who erred during the oath and not Barack. Barack was calm, cool and collected all day.

I got sick of the press talking about the peaceful transfer of power. There are many countries that have peaceful transfers of power. And the USA cannot boast about peaceful transfers of back in the day when so many people, women and blacks were disenfranchised.

The juxtaposition with MLK Day was celestial. But it's a pity that, with all the reflection, the great Marcus Mosiah Garvey was not mentioned once.

All in all, a wonderful day for America, for people of colour , and for Monica Lewinsky, who must have given thanks that even after her tryst, the republic has remained strong.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I also noticed he mentioned Hindus in his speech, an obvious outreach to the large population base in India who are under siege from terrorists. John Roberts messed up and decided to memorize the oath and it did initially gave a nervy impression of Obama which was not the case.

Comment

Working...
                    X