The Inauguration party on HBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Inauguration party on HBO

This near flawless production was quite an experience.

"Actors Forrest Whitaker and Steve Carell gave readings that served to tie President-elect Obama's inauguration to American history.

Remarks by President Franklin Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy, Theodore Roosevelt and Ronald Regan were used. The speakers recalled MLK Jr. speech at the Lincoln memorial--and Marian Anderson singing there after being barred from Constitution Hall"...

For the first time I gained true appreciation for two songs:

+ A Change is Gonna Come (Sam Cook)

A rendition of this song was done by Jon Bon Jovi ( and a lady whose name Ihave forgotten). The words of Sam Cooks's song has more meaning now than ever...!!!

As for Bon Jovi--he has 'soul'.

The other song: Pride (in the name of love)-- was about Martin Luther King. It was written and performend by U2 (Bono). The word of this song was very poignant.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

I heard on CNN that the Bob Marley "one love" will be big into the celebrations.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Oh yes. "One love" was done in a collaborative effort by Herbie Hancock (on key board), Sheryl Crow and Will.i.am.

Will.i.am did an impromptu rap on racial harmony from his Black eye Peas CD. That performance was also wikidd!!
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

It was also great that the cameramen picked out a few Jamaican flags in the crowd while Bob Marley music was being performed.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
          It was also great that the cameramen picked out a few Jamaican flags in the crowd while Bob Marley music was being performed.
          ...and after!

btw - Does Will.I.Am really have Jamaican roots?
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Herbie Hancok, Will.I.Am and that girl Crow sang ONe Love in their rendition, of course the crowd was rocking and the Black, Green &Gold was waving.

Comment

Working...
            X