RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

as my seven year old likes to say..."wha tha".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as my seven year old likes to say..."wha tha".

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS...oll/index.html

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

This is extremely interesting, especially because my post last night deals with the same thing.

The findings are...well...interesting. With the election of Barack, those who believe the vision has been fulfilled has doubled since last March! Hilarious!

The poll found 69 percent of blacks said King's vision has been fulfilled in the more than 45 years since his 1963 "I have a dream" speech -- roughly double the 34 percent who agreed with that assessment in a similar poll taken last March.
    Meanwhile, white people are less optimistic!

"Whites don't feel the same way -- a majority of them say that the country has not yet fulfilled King's vision," CNN polling director Keating Holland said. However, the number of whites saying the dream has been fulfilled has also gone up since March, from 35 percent to 46 percent.
    Huh!?!

This proves to me that we really have a longer way to go than I thought 4 hours ago.

sigh

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I wouldn't read too much into a poll taken on the eve of this historic event.

I believe people are caught up in the moment and the polls reflect this. You ever wonder why party conventions alway tend to have a fairly significant short-term impact on poll results? I suspect its the same thing here.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

that's true. euphoria talking.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

CNN coverage of the inauguration is theater , they interview African Americans exclusively at Lincolns memorial , getting tired of the drama queen presenters , No where near achieving it but it took a giant step in the image of equality.It definitely moved the boundaries in how we are looked at in tasks we can achieve in the governmental world , how much of that to be spilled in the corporate is pending to be seen .

I read the post earlier and someone said it all fell in line for Obama so he was lucky , come on now ! luck isn't going to take you over Bill-lary , McCain maybe with the markets crashing and Pastor wright trying to shoot his campaign .It was a masterful campaign designed to win , with saboteurs included in the equation.
          Last edited by Sir X; January 19, 2009, 03:40 PM.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

W-E-LL....not so fast.... white people are less optimistic because are waiting to see if there will be a fall out FOR THEM....that is not euphoria that is something else.

the euphoria is with the black people THEY think race relations have "normalised"!

i travelled from miami the day after the election and that was an eerie calmness ...... black people were acting like they were restraining themselves from jumping up and down and white people were watching to see if they would be jumping up and down....it was REALLY weird...made worse by my "Mr President" T Shirt which i had presumptuously purchased some days before.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
            X