Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bricktop, What Letter??

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
    Why would I think that you're suggesting anything seeing as it wasn't you who wrote the letter?
    Bricktop, I’m still puzzled by your reference to a letter! My comment, which you accurately repeated in post #13, was concerned with your query (post#2) about the banning of music videos. Nowhere in my original post, which started this thread, did I suggest the banning of music videos. My only concern was to see an improvement in content and quality.

You can therefore understand my confusion over your repeated statement about a letter, and moreso one calling for a ban on music videos. I have never ever seen such a letter published anywhere. The only letter I can recall seeing is one several weeks ago that lashed out at the dancehall event Sting, but nowhere in this thread did I make reference to that (already discussed) letter regarding Sting.

So, what music video letter are you referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
      Bricktop, I’m still puzzled by your reference to a letter! My comment, which you accurately repeated in post #13, was concerned with your query (post#2) about the banning of music videos. Nowhere in my original post, which started this thread, did I suggest the banning of music videos. My only concern was to see an improvement in content and quality.

You can therefore understand my confusion over your repeated statement about a letter, and moreso one calling for a ban on music videos. I have never ever seen such a letter published anywhere. The only letter I can recall seeing is one several weeks ago that lashed out at the dancehall event Sting, but nowhere in this thread did I make reference to that (already discussed) letter regarding Sting.

So, what music video letter are you referring to?
      My mistake. I thought that what you posted was a commentary or a letter written by someone for a local newspaper. I had no idea that you actually took the time to sit down and write so in depth of your disdain for mesh merinos

Comment

As you said, Lazie, how could Welcome to Jamrock be filmed anywhere else? Does the author know the words of the song?

Seems too much like a subjective piece, which is the author's right. Clearly, because there is no wrong or right manual here. But it seems to be the view of someone who is a little detached from Jamaica and who wants to accept American values and practices as the standard.

Should they be?

But I do agree - a little too much ghetto scenes, and the same ghetto scenes.
        Last edited by Mosiah; January 19, 2009, 08:58 AM.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
        X