Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    you a real joker to rhatid.

should it not be talked about? Who is knocking themselves out.

All I said it was good first step by the government to try and LOWER OUR DEBT in a time when we need it more than ever.

And I did say the caribe agreement was good for Jamaica as well.

With all these great steps.. we are well on the way to prosperity.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      ... maybe thats why yuh keep arguing from a point of ignorance. At times I wonder if you're Ralston Hyman. If the economy wasn't growing in good times, what should they be doing now there is credit crisis?

Maybe yuh need to stop fooling yuhself and yuh groupies pon the forum and realise that you ain't Mr. Know it All.

I'm glad to be ignorant of political spin... just as you are happy to follow it.

Enjoy yourself as you follow the spin doctors from both sides in the media.
      Last edited by Don1; January 17, 2009, 01:35 PM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Actually no ... just the ones that interpreted "Wow!!" to be the celebration of some victory.

WoW!!!

Comment

Are we? Where did you get that from?

It is a step "you call it great steps" whether we take advantage or not it is up to us.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Do we really have "ENERGY SECURITY policy."

What the the Petro Caribe is a good bilateral trade agreement that save the government and the people of Jamaica money.

Does it matter if it is soft loan or a Bilateral agreement as long as the effect is the same? You see how you stress the opposition by the then opposition? Yet still you have nothing to do with political spin(ah bwoy).

I said it then and I said it now the Petro Caribe is a good deal for the Jamaian people as like the loan deal it replace WORST agreements that were in place and SAVE the Jamaican people money.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Do we really have "ENERGY SECURITY policy."

What the the Petro Caribe is a good bilateral trade agreement that save the government and the people of Jamaica money.

Does it matter if it is soft loan or a Bilateral agreement as long as the effect is the same? You see how you stress the opposition by the then opposition? Yet still you have nothing to do with political spin(ah bwoy).

I said it then and I said it now the Petro Caribe is a good deal for the Jamaian people as like the loan deal it replace WORST agreements that were in place and SAVE the Jamaican people money.

You clearly do not understand the differences between a soft loan, a bilateral trade agreement (Petro Caribe is not that) and an energy security agreement which encompasses investment in our energy sector.

Since we have a different understanding as to what these things are... further discussion is pointless.

Comment

I have read the draft not the whole agreement but whatever it is there are many of the same economic results because primarily it is low income loans provided to help stabilize our economy.

The goverment need to take advantage of all of these oppurtunities and grow production, productivity, and make themselves and the country less reliant upon outside help. As I say this is just step one that give them a breather, let me see if they take advantage.

I also assume you haven't read the agreement by the multilaterials.

You read the draft agreement?? Before the draft was finalized?

I believe you mean that you read reports of the agreement's terms in the newspaper perhaps??

Comment

hide away from the fact.

Isn't the petro caribe called a bilateral trade agreement? I think a bilateral trade agreement between two countries. How is the Petro caribe not a bilateral trade agreement?

Comment

True ... but if the economy wasn't growing all along what unuh want?

Perhaps one day you will come to understand that the way the JLP and the PNP operate cannot provide a solution to Jamaica's problems.... but is a big part of the problem itself. Perhaps you will never come to that understanding.

Until then you can continue your delusion of expecting much progress under the JLP... just as PNP supporters may expect much progress under that party.

And once the lack of progress is apparent to all but the most partisan... enjoy yourself in blaming the other side for it.
                    Last edited by Don1; January 17, 2009, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Put it this way. My source for any international agreement don't just come from the gleaner or the observer.

I don't have time to read a whole agreement as I have spent the last year finishing up a research paper. Not that I wouldn't read it, I have no time to read the whole thing, with two young kids as well.

Comment

Put it this way. My source for any international agreement don't just come from the gleaner or the observer.

I don't have time to read a whole agreement as I have spent the last year finishing up a research paper. Not that I wouldn't read it, I have no time to read the whole thing, with two young kids as well.

understood... but what document did you read?

Comment

hide away from the fact.

Isn't the petro caribe called a bilateral trade agreement? I think a bilateral trade agreement between two countries. How is the Petro caribe not a bilateral trade agreement?

err.... because it goes way beyond trade?? Because it's designed for energy security?

Laymen can call it what they want... what it actually is .. is what it actually is.

Let me help you out with a 1 page outline you may have the time to read:

http://www.men.gov.jm/PDF%20Files/MEn/petrocaribe.pdf

No doubt you will come back still insisting that this is a bilateral trade agreement.
                          Last edited by Don1; January 17, 2009, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Normally with Jamaican stuff like that I usually check out other international sources. In the case of world bank and IDB I go to their page.

I was so much for the Petro deal that when a lot people were talking about boycotting Getty in the states, I would make sure I supported them, and before the deal I never use to buy from them. It is a long time now and I don't remember where I got a list the things involved, but yes we have benefitted a lot from this deal, but my only point is inorder to sustained growth we have to look for a lot more of these kind of deals and loans AND TAKE ADVANTAGE to grow our economy.

I however which if we had a real energy security policy in place in Ja.

Comment

Normally with Jamaican stuff like that I usually check out other international sources. In the case of world bank and IDB I go to their page.

I was so much for the Petro deal that when a lot people were talking about boycotting Getty in the states, I would make sure I supported them, and before the deal I never use to buy from them. It is a long time now and I don't remember where I got a list the things involved, but yes we have benefitted a lot from this deal, but my only point is inorder to sustained growth we have to look for a lot more of these kind of deals and loans AND TAKE ADVANTAGE to grow our economy.

I however which if we had a real energy security policy in place in Ja.

PDVSA (the state oil company of Venezuela) owns Citgo... not Getty.

I think Getty was bought out by Lukoil the Russian company. Support Citgo if you want to support Venezuela.

Comment

A don't know how i got getty, Are they still around?

sorry bout that. yes it is Citco. Don't have too much by me anymore. I was in NY at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X