Aiming is intentional.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aiming is intentional.

Our police wanted to kill everyone in the car(three persons were shot), it is the norm for them to fire indiscriminately(they have been getting away with it) at suspects in this case what they thought was a carload of gunmen..
    The Commissioner has quickly concluded that the cops did not try to cover up..., in hindsight,do you really believe they observed suspicious behaviour? If not then what was that about?
    Finally, no mention of the reported colour of the car, I wonder if the cars are of completely different colours? Besides, is ongle one grey..(forgot the said made..)on the streets of Jamaica?
    It is a crime!

Shot in error
    Preliminary report says St Ann police shootings case of mistaken identity

Saturday, January 10, 2009

THE preliminary report into Tuesday night's controversial police shootings in which a 10-month-old baby girl, a policeman and two other men were injured along the Lodge main road in St Ann, says that the incident was "clearly a case of mistaken identity".
    In a release yesterday, Police Commissioner Rear Admiral Hardley Lewin acknowledged that he received the report from the Bureau of Special Investigation (BSI) which led the probe.
    "The commissioner has ordered the continuation of the counselling process already started by the divisional commander for St Ann with the families of the injured and with the policemen involved in the shooting incident," the release from the police said. "The commissioner has also acknowledged that the police officers did not attempt to cover-up but gave an honest account of this tragic incident to investigators."
    "A final report from the BSI is expected shortly, after which, the commissioner will make his final decision on the matter. In the interim, the commissioner has instructed Assistant Commissioner of Police Paul Robinson, who heads the Jamaica Constabulary Force's Firearms and Use of Force Unit, to conduct a review of procedures which led to the incident," it added.
    The infant and the two men were shot when cops responded to calls that a carload of gunmen had committed a robbery and shooting in St Mary and were escaping in a Nissan station wagon motor car in the area.
    The cops opened fire on the car in which they and four other persons were travelling.
    It was later discovered that a policeman was also shot in the incident.
    The infant, who was shot in the chest, has been admitted to the Bustamante Hospital for Children. Her condition, as well as that of one of the injured men, is said to be serious.
    Yesterday, Children's Advocate Mary Clarke condemned the incident and promised that her office would monitor "the case to ensure due compensation if that is the case".
    "This is a very sad and unfortunate incident. I hope that in addition to the persons receiving the appropriate medical assistance, especially the child, I hope that the incident will be fully investigated and that justice will be served," said Clarke, who also urged the police to inform the public about what really happened.

Imagine if four young innocent men were in that vehicle? Would the police be apologising? NO! They would simply have planted guns and be lining up their next victims.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
      Our police wanted to kill everyone in the car(three persons were shot), it is the norm for them to fire indiscriminately(they have been getting away with it) at suspects in this case what they thought was a carload of gunmen.
      Agreed! What I find interesting is that there are many Jamaicans who would seek to attack or downplay the vital importance of human rights groups such as the very outstanding Jamaicans For Justice (and the others)!

Jamaica's police, on the whole, are not very different from some of those right-wing Latin American paramilitary groups of the past, and there has to be a protective buffer for ordinary Jamaican citizens! The police are just as dangerous as the politicians, and since the church has played no vital role in safeguarding the rights of the poor and defenseless citizens, I have to personally give thanks for the existence of the human rights groups that we have.

Now, do I think that Dr. Carolyn Gomes should be the second female prime minister of Jamaica? My answer is a resounding "Yes"!

Comment

Working...
      X