Walkerswood in trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walkerswood in trouble

This is unfortunate, I like thier products. Hope they find a way to save the company.

http://www.jamaicagleaner.com/gleane...business1.html

-----------------------------------------------------

Walkerswood in trouble - Ian Garbutt leading US$8m rescue
    Published: Friday | January 9, 2009

A consortium of Jamaican firms, led by Ian Garbutt's Associated Manufacturers, is offering to pay creditors of Walkerswood 25 cents on the dollar on its more than J$1 billion debt, under a court-approved scheme which, if accepted, could save the manufacturer of spices and condiments from utter collapse.

If
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

If I were a creditor I would put a lien on their 3 year old modern manufacturing plant. That's just me though

Comment

...again!

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
      This is unfortunate, I like thier products. Hope they find a way to save the company.

http://www.jamaicagleaner.com/gleane...business1.html

-----------------------------------------------------

Walkerswood in trouble - Ian Garbutt leading US$8m rescue
      Published: Friday | January 9, 2009

A consortium of Jamaican firms, led by Ian Garbutt's Associated Manufacturers, is offering to pay creditors of Walkerswood 25 cents on the dollar on its more than J$1 billion debt, under a court-approved scheme which, if accepted, could save the manufacturer of spices and condiments from utter collapse.

If
      Yes, Iyah!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Not a bad deal for the creditors, debts are routinely sold for far less than 25%, the 75% is probably an inflated profit.
        The IMF will sell Jamaica's debt for 10%.

Blessed

Comment

It's a shame...because they make probably the best commercially blended jerk seasoning...sounds like mismanagement on somebody's part as the products sell (sold?) well in North America and in T&T. I noticed that it was absent from the shelves down here in T&T and my corner grocer said they couldn't locate the distributor...
          Believe it or not I was about to call them in JA to find out what was going on....I hope they can sort it out.
          Peter R

Comment

Working...
          X