X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Grine loses legal fight

Deported thief loses legal fight

The court ruled Joseph Grant's deportation was necessary

A Jamaican convicted criminal who fathered four children by four different women in the UK has lost his legal battle against deportation.
    Joseph Grant, who spent 34 years in Britain, argued the decision breached his right to a private family life.
    The 48-year-old was deported after a string of convictions for drug offences, violence, theft and robbery.
    On Thursday, the European Court of Human Rights ruled his deportation had been "proportionate and necessary".
    It ruled the deportation was "necessary in a democratic society" given his long pattern of offending.
    The court said although Grant had strong ties with the UK "it cannot overlook the fact that the applicant has never cohabited with any of his children".
    The former Home Secretary, John Reid, ordered Grant to be returned to Jamaica in May 2006 following revelations more than 1,000 foreign prisoners had been released without being considered for deportation.
    Grant was eventually sent back to Jamaica last year and his lawyer says he is destitute.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

What happen - him couldn't GRINE him way thru a legal mess
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

now him can GRINE him teet'

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I wonder if the fact he fathers four children by four different women...was the deciding factor in sending Grant(spent most of his life in the UK, a product of that society)to the land of his birth. If it was four children by one woman would the judge be less likely to rip him from his family?

Blessed

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
          If it was four children by one woman would the judge be less likely to rip him from his family?
          I would suspect he is "family" by genes only. As yuh know nuff man have pickney all over the place and dem is essentially sperm donors.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

True but then by deporting him eliminates the recourse available to his "baby mothers"(child support,the possibility he could one day change by becoming an effective fateher).
            I know what made his deportation possible was his prior convictions but it appears something else was considered. I do not think an immigration judge making a decision that one isn't a good father should be allowed to act on it.

Blessed

Comment

Working...
            X