Husband wants back kidney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husband wants back kidney

GARDEN CITY, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Long Island surgeon embroiled in a nearly four-year divorce proceeding wants his estranged wife to return the kidney he donated to her, although he says he'll settle for $1.5 million in compensation.
    Dr. Richard Batista, a surgeon at Nassau University Medical Center, told reporters at his lawyer's Long Island office Wednesday that he decided to go public with his demand for kidney compensation because he has grown frustrated with the negotiations with his estranged wife.
    Dr. Batista fought back tears after talking about a bitter divorce battle he's embroiled in with his wife of 15 years.
    "There's no deeper pain or betrayal from somebody you loved and devoted your whole life to," he said.

Batista's a full-time surgeon, who married Dawnell in 1990. They would later have three children and eventually he saved her life by donating his kidney to her in 2001.
    She filed for divorce in July 2005, although he claims she began having an extramarital affair 18 months to two years after receiving the kidney transplant, his attorney, Dominick Barbara said.
    Batista says she had an affair.
    "I felt humiliated betrayed as a person, a man, a husband and father," adds Dr. Batista.
    Now as part of the divorce settlement Dr. Batista isn't asking for the million dollar home they shared in Massappequa, he's asking for his kidney back, or to get paid for it.
    Douglas Rothkopf, the attorney representing Dawnell Batista, told Eyewitness News, "The facts aren't as represented by Dr. Batista. We will be addressing the issues before the judge within the next few days."
    Batista, 49, said he has no regrets about donating the kidney, only about the failed marriage.
    He still recalls the day after the surgery took place.
    "There is no greater feeling on this planet. As God is my witness, I felt as if I could put my arm around Jesus Christ. It was an unbelievable; I was walking on a cloud. To this day I would still do it again," he said.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...cal&id=6591415
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

He has a point. My question is if she had an affair why dioes she get to keep the house?

Comment

Batista, 49, said he has no regrets about donating the kidney, only about the failed marriage.
      "There is no greater feeling on this planet. As God is my witness, I felt as if I could put my arm around Jesus Christ. It was an unbelievable; I was walking on a cloud. To this day I would still do it again," he said.
      If he really feels so generous about donating a kidney and "would still do it again," then why is he even bringing that issue into the divorce squabbles?
      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

The bun weh she gi him hurt him deeply. He practically put his life on the line to save hers. How many of you would do that for your spouse?
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I did for my sister

Comment

Bwoy you are a constant surprise! But would you do it for non-blood?
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Probably not.

Comment

I assume most would. When you take a partner she become yours.
                But the man have a point cause she decided to marry "until death do us part".
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Solomon's solution

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                  GARDEN CITY, N.Y. (WABC) -- A Long Island surgeon embroiled in a nearly four-year divorce proceeding wants his estranged wife to return the kidney he donated to her, although he says he'll settle for $1.5 million in compensation.
                  Dr. Richard Batista, a surgeon at Nassau University Medical Center, told reporters at his lawyer's Long Island office Wednesday that he decided to go public with his demand for kidney compensation because he has grown frustrated with the negotiations with his estranged wife.
                  Dr. Batista fought back tears after talking about a bitter divorce battle he's embroiled in with his wife of 15 years.
                  "There's no deeper pain or betrayal from somebody you loved and devoted your whole life to," he said.

Batista's a full-time surgeon, who married Dawnell in 1990. They would later have three children and eventually he saved her life by donating his kidney to her in 2001.
                  She filed for divorce in July 2005, although he claims she began having an extramarital affair 18 months to two years after receiving the kidney transplant, his attorney, Dominick Barbara said.
                  "I felt humiliated betrayed as a person, a man, a husband and father," adds Dr. Batista.
                  Now as part of the divorce settlement Dr. Batista isn't asking for the million dollar home they shared in Massappequa, he's asking for his kidney back, or to get paid for it.
                  Douglas Rothkopf, the attorney representing Dawnell Batista, told Eyewitness News, "The facts aren't as represented by Dr. Batista. We will be addressing the issues before the judge within the next few days."

Offer him half the kidney in the settlement.
                  TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Suh, yuh believe Brickie?!

I would soona believe James Robertson!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      Suh, yuh believe Brickie?!

I would soona believe James Robertson!
                      How crude. I have the laproscopic incision to prove it you cold, cruel little man

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post

So why does he want back the kidney? ...and is saying

To this day I would still do it again
                        To give it back again?
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                          So why does he want back the kidney? ...and is saying

To give it back again?
                          Remember dis - a woman SCORNED is HELL in HEELS; but di man get "BUN", and he's heartbroken, dejected and.................
                          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                          - Langston Hughes

Comment

LOL!

Sorry, Brickie. Underneath all that dancehall grime, there is a big heart!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Perhaps it should be ..death or divorce, the later is the reason why most marriages do. Matters.... such as a donation are unforced, and not restricted to only spouses.

Blessed
                              Last edited by Rockman; January 8, 2009, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X