New Twist to the Portland Accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Twist to the Portland Accident

Info on the ground is that it was a policeman coming in the opposite direction that forced the truck driver to reverse, even as the truck driver protested.

This is Jamaica. If there is any truth to that story, we may never know.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Mosiah, I didn't hear that it was a policeman, but from the night of the accident, the contacts I've had w/ people in Portland, indicated that another vehicle was approaching in the opposite direction and that is why the truck driver had to reverse.

Suh a nuh lie dem a tell
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

30 years from now, in some Gleaner memoir, we will hear the truth.

I've heard all sorts of things. Some people say him wenna speed, some say the vehicle was already stopped when it happened, because the road gave way, some say him was reversing, some say him wasn't speeding but him never manoeuvre di road right. Where does the truth lie?

(That is how the word is spelt, HL.)

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I had a VERY close one about 12 years ago with the driver coming in the opposite direction up Stony Hill. Too many idiots overtake and they CAN NOT see the other driver coming in the opposite direction and a just lucky mi did lucky to r.a.s.s. Jamaicans seriously need a comprehensive driver re-education program.
        Last edited by Hortical; January 7, 2009, 11:12 AM.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
        X