Cop shoots bus driver following accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop shoots bus driver following accident

What started out as a minor traffic accident Monday morning led to tragedy when a driver was fatally shot.

The driver was shot reportedly by a policeman who was involved in the accident.

RJR News understands that the policeman who was driving the car and the driver of a Toyota Coaster bus were involved in the accident at the intersection of Maxfield Avenue and Spanish Town Road.

The driver of the bus Paul Richard Brown, 47, of Rushworth Avenue, Kingston 11 reportedly drove off to Delacree Park on Spanish Town Road.

The policeman reportedly drove him down and an argument developed between them.

The argument became heated and it was then that the policeman shot Mr. Brown.

He was taken to the Kingston Public Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

The police man has been taken into custody and is being questioned by detectives from the Bureau of Special Investigations.

The incident left many persons who were standing in the vicinity of Delacree Park shocked.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    The incident left many persons who were standing in the vicinity of Delacree Park shocked.

But must!

Surely, there must be more to this story. I wonder if James Robertson can help us here. Policemen don't just shoot people like that. Unnu tink maybe the driver was going to testify against him!?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      But must!

Surely, there must be more to this story. I wonder if James Robertson can help us here. Policemen don't just shoot people like that. Unnu tink maybe the driver was going to testify against him!?!?
      Not surprised yuh try a James Robertson joke. Its amazing how people continuously question the integrity of the police, but as soon as a name of one wi nuh like pop up ... we have amnesia.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Like I said - I don't know who to believe, but one thing I know, James' story is quite fishy.

Doesn't surprise me that you will give him the benefit of the doubt. I guess if wi never caught Daryl Vaz on video the other day, yuh woulda hear how, "whenever I curse bad words (even though I don't) the pronunciation is off."

Prekeh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Not surprised yuh try a James Robertson joke. Its amazing how people continuously question the integrity of the police, but as soon as a name of one wi nuh like pop up ... we have amnesia.
          Just for the record do you believe the Robertson story?

Comment

Like I said - I don't know who to believe, but one thing I know, James' story is quite fishy.

Doesn't surprise me that you will give him the benefit of the doubt. I guess if wi never caught Daryl Vaz on video the other day, yuh woulda hear how, "whenever I curse bad words (even though I don't) the pronunciation is off."

Prekeh!
            Benefit of doubt? The difference between me and many of you is that I can look at the situation without getting the emotions involved. ACP Green was on air last evening admitting that Robertson had contacted him prior to going to the scene. He said something to the effect that the Robertson's action saved the man's life (or yuh now apart of the Bud Regime)? Green acknowledged that the man was now in custody ... suh mi nuh see what unuh fussing bout. PNP asswipe aka Garnett Roper claimed he should have been charged for aiding and abetting a criminal. Comical.

Because of the claims of the linkage of criminals and politicians, Robertson opened up himself to many questions, and nothing is wrong with asking them. Maybe he should have called someone else to go and get the man, but we all can say anything now. What dem sey bout hindsight? Isn't it the norm if a suspect wants to surrender to the authorities but is fearing for his life, he can be handed over by his lawyer, his pastor and even his MP? Suh why all of a sudden its a no no because Robertson did it?

Many including you question the police, suh now all of a sudden yuh nuh know who fi believe?

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
              Just for the record do you believe the Robertson story?
              Just for the record, ACP Green has supported what Robertson has said. Or we nuh business what ACP Green affi say?

Comment

Not knowing who to believe means I question the police. Duh! Can't you comprehend that?

Lazie, stop acting like our MPs don't have their "security detail" who have not taught at their neighbourhood Sunday School for a while.

Again, thank God we have Vaz on video!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Why do the police still want to issue a summons for James? Is ACP Green aware of this sideshow?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Not knowing who to believe means I question the police. Duh! Can't you comprehend that?

Lazie, stop acting like our MPs don't have their "security detail" who have not taught at their neighbourhood Sunday School for a while.

Again, thank God we have Vaz on video!
                    You question the police? Really? Yuh tone suddenly change as soon as Robertson got involved. Talk bout creature of the night.

Comment

Why do the police still want to issue a summons for James? Is ACP Green aware of this sideshow?
                      I couldn't careless about the summons or if he told them badwud, thats the least. As a matter of fact, mi surprised dem never shot him and claim it was shootout. Nuh dat dem would duh wid any other nig ga?

I'm talking about the controversy with Robertson going to retrieve the gunman and talking him to the KPH and hypocrites among us want to act as if.
                      Last edited by Lazie; January 6, 2009, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Just for the record, ACP Green has supported what Robertson has said. Or we nuh business what ACP Green affi say?
                        Still defending the indefensible I see. I wish I could say i am surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
                          Still defending the indefensible I see. I wish I could say i am surprised.
                          Defending indefensible? Come now Rudi ... get real. Anyway, my back broad. The man has been on most talk shows yesterday, maybe you should have tuned in.

Comment

that's your response - mi back broad?!

LOL!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

that's your response - mi back broad?!

LOL!
                              Yeap!! The problem is not too many round here have the balls to stand on their own. Taking the popular position seems to be the norm.

Comment

Working...
                              X