X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP faces arrest - Police may charge Robertson for badwud

MP faces arrest - Police may charge Robertson for using abusive language

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/glean...ead/lead1.html

What nonsense! What Robertson was in fact doing is obstructing the course of justice. That should be the charge, if anything.

Robertson, who is also a deputy leader of the Jamaica Labour Party, made the 45-minute journey from Kingston to St Thomas to pick up Rameish Simpson, a person of interest in a number of crimes, including a recent murder.

Robertson, who denied using abusive language, said Simpson was targeted by the police because he had information about their involvement in serious crimes in St Thomas.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

he did it with the blessing of the police how can it be obstruction of justice?!!

on the other hand the man was in a shootout with the police? him mussi did have robertson's cell number as ongle him could find....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Simpson was hit in the leg during the alleged shoot-out with the police but managed to elude the lawmen until Robertson arrived and assisted him to the Kingston Public Hospital (KPH).
      Can we get some more info here? Did Mr Simpson have an illegal firearm?

Comment

Rameish Simpson, a person of interest in a number of crimes, including a recent murder.
        Alleged criminals of political influence are often shielded from the law anyway.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
          Can we get some more info here? Did Mr Simpson have an illegal firearm?
          According to RJR, "Mr. Simpson has since been charged with shooting with intent and illegal possession of a firearm and ammunition."
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
            According to RJR, "Mr. Simpson has since been charged with shooting with intent and illegal possession of a firearm and ammunition."
            Well if he had an illegal gun the police shoulda eat him food. If the cops are corrupt that is another issue to deal with but Simpson still had an illegal gun and does not deserve any mercy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
              Well if he had an illegal gun the police shoulda eat him food. If the cops are corrupt that is another issue to deal with but Simpson still had an illegal gun and does not deserve any mercy.
              Well, as the saying goes, there are 3 sides to every story. Heard an interview this morning with Roberston. I think we should wait for the 3rd side of the story.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

well, at the risk of being narrow-minded mi not inclined to believe robertson....even the POLICE already seem to have 2 sides to their own story.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                  well, at the risk of being narrow-minded mi not inclined to believe robertson....even the POLICE already seem to have 2 sides to their own story.
                  Well, Police members have confirmed that he had contacted them before heading to the scene. The gunman was providing evidence against corrupt members of the force. It is alleged that a contract was taken out on the life of the gunman and that it was a police that was to carry out the job.

This sounding too much like a Steven Segal flick. Futhermore, Roberston said as he carried the man to hospital, there were police driving behind him.

Comment

"Well if he had an illegal gun the police shoulda eat him food. If the cops are corrupt that is another issue to deal with but Simpson still had an illegal gun and does not deserve any mercy."

Who find the illegal gun? The corrupted cops?
                    Well if Roberton had info and pass it on to Green action will be taken. Even if the the man had a gun he may end up going free as the police maybe into deeper problem.

Could it be why them try to kill the man and not take him in alive? Could it be that they planted the gun?

I don't trust them.

Bricktop inside joke "for all I know a could be the same cops who dance them tail off a sting, take two weeks fi watch the tapes(a mean investigate it) then charge Kartel and Mavado".
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

maybe he will plea bargain and get put on probation too.

sigh

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I don't know who to believe. I hope the minister can shed some light and truth to the issue.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Maybe if him can root out all the bad cops who assisted him in St. Thomas him might deserve it
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

well we know Roberston all ready. not a man I would be quick to believe but I hope he has provided credible evidence to the police however.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                              well we know Roberston all ready. not a man I would be quick to believe but I hope he has provided credible evidence to the police however.
                              Well, from the article posted,

Green backs mp's claim

Assistant Commissioner of Police Les Green, head of the Major Investigation Task Force, has confirmed that Robertson had approached the Police High Command in relation to the investigation of professional misconduct on the part of police in the parish.

Green also said that police were aware that Robertson was leaving Kingston to retrieve a wounded man. He told The Gleaner that once Robertson contacted the police, "we made sure that nothing untoward came to him or the person he was picking up".

Comment

Working...
                              X